Another blowing long line of channel disputes from Dish, this time, Eugene Oregon's Chambers Communi

Chambers whines about fair market share. If I lived in that area, I could receive their signal free just as I do here. Why do these local stations want Dish and other providers to pay a king's ransom for something that is basically free? Because they can. IMHO these locals should be paying Dish for carrying their local commercials. Really, how much of a wider audience does Dish reach as far as local s go? Wouldn't these stations reach the same people whether via cable, Dish or off the air?

You know folks that Dish is NOT the only pay TV provider having these problems.
Direct is in a fight with a CO who has a LOT of NBC stations, at least 6, spread over all over the USA.
Direct will lose them 1/1/11 if they don't come to an aggreament. Direct did lose FOX stations like Dish did they all came back at the same time though.
Also TW almost lost ESPN.

In hilly areas like these, they station owners are biting the hands that extend their reach.

100% agree with this. Have friend that went to work for them after he got out of school. They area nickel & dime rinky dink group (I've been in the Medford station) of 4 stations. Chambers Communications Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia They will probably lose at least 20% of their market over this and who know w/ FCC reconsidering retrans this may really bite these kind of guys in the A**.

Young broadcasting pulled the same thing about a year or so ago. I emailed my local Young station(KELO) in South Dakota and told them I was with Dish on that one. There are some pretty remote areas in SD and those advertisers on KELO need all of the help they can get.

This kind of stuff never happens to D* customers. Ha Important notice for DirecTV subscribers There is a possibility this station could cease being carried by DirecTV at midnight on Dec. 31 if ongoing negotiations fail. This banner is being run by all the Raycom Media stations on there stations. This is on the web sites of all Raycom stations now. Important notice for DirecTV subscribers

Raycom Media, this station's parent company, is currently in good faith negotiations with DirecTV to ensure the continued availability of this television station and the popular news and entertainment programs you enjoy on DirecTV. We are hopeful of a positive outcome and will keep you informed on the progress of the negotiations. There is a possibility we could cease being carried by DirecTV on January 1 if these negotiations fail.

Here is a link from 1 of the stations telling its side of the story. Important notice for DirecTV subscribers - KCBD, NewsChannel 11 Lubbock | My guess is it's price dispute.

Both Dish's and DirecTV's battles over several affiliates won't matter. I know up in New Hampshire, the only network affiliated station in the state might be lost in the DirecTV battle, and not many are crying out about it. The only reason we all freaked in October was the mass loss of the RSNs. If Dish can conclude that they can survive without sports fans in New York, the biggest market in America, then a few affiliates in Oregon won't ruffle their feathers too much.

In hilly areas like these, they station owners are biting the hands that extend their reach.

Agree with you 100% on this observation. Especially with digital and all the hills in the southern part of the state. I'd bet not many viewers that have DISH can get reception otherwise. I wonder how sensitive TV Fool is in this situation. If subs can't receive a signal via antenna then for a "fee" of course you'd think they could go to Mydistantnetworks.com. I've seen the "news" on those locals :) ...if subs got KGO or KABC I bet they wouldn't want to go back to Medford or Eugene!

I just saw a crawl on my CBS/Baton Rouge affiliate...

==========ATTENTION: Directv Subscribers===========

Looks like Direct has a lot of local contracts ending this year.

I just saw a crawl on my CBS/Baton Rouge affiliate...

==========ATTENTION: Directv Subscribers===========

Looks like Direct has a lot of local contracts ending this year.

Raycom has 33 TV stations across the US. I would expect that most are on D*. Boy the boys over on the D* side sure were touchy when I posted over there about this.

Indeed, a quick glance at the "other" site indicates upcoming issues with Raycom as well as Hearst (26 channels). So there are 59 channels potentially gone on DirecTV the first of the year. Not to mention national channel Golf.

Boy what a mistake it was for me to post this on the D* side. I have had nothing but attacks from a mod and a pub member over there. From now on I will just post it in the war zone since the D* guys are so rude to anyone from the E* side. Well a**es I scooped you and live w/ it. I deserve an apology for the way I was treated there. I won't hold my breathe though. And yes I'm gonna post this over there to.

can't control VIP722 with RC65R for Sylvania LC320SLX

Dish not allowed to sling networks ???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts