DirecTV Retransmission Consent Dispute with Raycom

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Okay, now that we got that cleared up, let's get this thread back on topic.
We are bashing corporations now all of them are included.
attachment.php

yep its all about the money money money and customer gets screwed.
whats even worse are utility companies like electricity, natural gas companies.
this happened to me with the gas company that changed their billing policy.
my home only uses natural gas for heat everything else is electric well when spring(usually march) comes around I down into my basement and kill the main disconnect the runs to the furnace and call in and place account in suspension and remove the suspension in late october early november. well I did that this year and the csr tells me we dont do suspensions anymore and I am like what she says we only do connects and disconnects. so I ask how much will it cost to disconnect and reconnect she says between $200-$300 I am like what? so I have to pay $27 worth of fees ever month for not using one cubic feet of gas, she says yes.
well so I do the math and the monthly fee's add up to about the same as it would cost me to disconnect and reconnect.
what a rip-off............ paying for nothing.
If you don't use the gas, ala not turning the device on, your bill would be substantially less, I would do like you have been doing, just don't use it.

If you don't use the gas, ala not turning the device on, your bill would be substantially less, I would do like you have been doing, just don't use it.
the issue is the gas company still charges almost $30 in fees just to keep the account open, and they changed their billing policies to remove customers from placing accounts in suspension where as before a suspended would knock out the fees and you would not see a bill.
and if you do turn off your service and get it turned back on no matter if its voluntary or involuntary(not paying your bill well involuntary comes with even bigger fees/deposits to get service restored) they start taking on deposits(amount is based on credit rating) and disconnect and reconnect fee's. when I opened this account I paid zero nada nothing for service to get connected.

now there was a small fee for sending the meter man out to turn a valve on/off but that was it. now that small fee is not so small.

the issue is the gas company still charges almost $30 in fees just to keep the account open, and they changed their billing policies to remove customers from placing accounts in suspension where as before a suspended would knock out the fees and you would not see a bill.
I guess thats thier prerogative.

I live in the Cincinnati area, and as of this morning, I'm not receiving our local Fox-19 WXIX station. I thought we had until August 31st, but I guess they dropped the hammer a little early. This is annoying, and I realize every provider does this, but you'd think there would be a more streamlined process to the whole thing. Is this going to happen more and more often as these corporate entities fight one another for every last red cent?

Oh, and hi. I'm new here! I found this site because you guys seem to be the only ones actually talking about it at the moment.

I live in the Cincinnati area, and as of this morning, I'm not receiving our local Fox-19 WXIX station. I thought we had until August 31st, but I guess they dropped the hammer a little early. This is annoying, and I realize every provider does this, but you'd think there would be a more streamlined process to the whole thing. Is this going to happen more and more often as these corporate entities fight one another for every last red cent?

Oh, and hi. I'm new here! I found this site because you guys seem to be the only ones actually talking about it at the moment.
Interesting ...remember, it's your local that took it down.

I live on the other end of Ohio, in the Toledo dma and CBS (WTOL-11) here is still up and running.

http://directvpromise.com/

Unfortunately, we're far enough away from Cincinnati that our OTA doesn't pull in WXIX. So we'll be stuck without it for a while.

I seem to recall, in the past, that when a local affiliate would drop from the cable/satellite, the provider would substitute a nearby local station. In our case, when Time Warner cable and WLWT had a huge fight a few years ago, and WLWT dropped from our provider, TWC substituted the local station in Indianapolis, and that worked for a week or so, when WLWT finally came back. Of course, it might work differently from company to company.

Oh, and thank you for the welcome!

LotusTeaDragon said:
Unfortunately, we're far enough away from Cincinnati that our OTA doesn't pull in WXIX. So we'll be stuck without it for a while.

I seem to recall, in the past, that when a local affiliate would drop from the cable/satellite, the provider would substitute a nearby local station. In our case, when Time Warner cable and WLWT had a huge fight a few years ago, and WLWT dropped from our provider, TWC substituted the local station in Indianapolis, and that worked for a week or so, when WLWT finally came back. Of course, it might work differently from company to company.

Oh, and thank you for the welcome!
Good luck with that .... I don't remember D* ever doing that.
The local cable company didn't recently when NBC was off the air for about 5 months, including the Winter Olympics, this started probably a month before them and just ended about a month ago.

The federal laws for Satellite and Cable a completely different. Unfortunately, DirecTV ( and Dish) are not allowed, by law, to provide local stations from any other markets under situations like this.

The federal laws for Satellite and Cable a completely different. Unfortunately, DirecTV ( and Dish) are not allowed, by law, to provide local stations from any other markets under situations like this.
This is all on Congress and on the various broadcaster lobbyist groups out there. Its due to advertising money.

This is all on Congress and on the various broadcaster lobbyist groups out there. Its due to advertising money.
Actually, this is done due to rules that were written 50 years ago. As well as when Sat came on board and they thought that Sat didn't need the perks of cable.

Reactions: TNGTony
We have wbtv here, which is raycom, they are driving me nuts with the dtv crawl.Whats worse they won't run it during an ad, always in the middle of a prime time show.You would think that they could have figured out way to only show the crawl to those affected, instead everyone has to see it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Good luck with that .... I don't remember D* ever doing that.
The local cable company didn't recently when NBC was off the air for about 5 months, including the Winter Olympics, this started probably a month before them and just ended about a month ago.
I remember when DirecTV's slogan used to be "Somebody up there loves you! DirecTV!"
They should change it to "Make your checks payable to DirecTV!"

I have become so unsatisfied with modern cable and satellite. Fewer real selections, at much higher prices. Right now we (my family and I) are paying them $100+ per month for the privilege of losing some of our favorite channels.

Another thing that annoys me is they take the liberty to have an additional channel, in my case its channel 11.1 (CBS/ WTOL), which is Odd seeing that they don't have access to my OTA channels ... On that channel they say to keep an eye on it for new info, but the only thing EVER on it is a D* logo and music.
Never yet have I seen anything regarding this dispute.

For those of us that USE the OTA channel 11 (11.1), the fact that they wre now taking 11.1, when you tune to watch a show that is ON 11.1, you get the banner and cannot watch your programming ....

However, I have found that they have added and addl. 11.1 to the set up and if I go to the second one, I find my programming.

Heres wondering , if I record something off 11.1 now, does it record my show, or the D* banner ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)