If Dish drops AMC, will you drop dish??

If Dish drops AMC, will you drop dish??

• Yes - Definitely!!!

Votes: 104 21.5%
  • No - Will use another source for content / downgrade package.

Votes: 322 66.7%
  • Maybe - just not sure

Votes: 57 11.8%

• Total voters
empiretc said:
This is the perfect place for it. You wouldn't go ask a bunch of vegetarians what their favorite steak is........ right???

I'm saying that additional sources should be considered since polling a small cadre of avid Dish enthusiasts is not a fair representation of all Dish Network customers. The bottom line is that there will be massive outcry from subscribers should the AMC Network channels get yanked. To think otherwise is foolish.

Additionally, AMC may indeed be asking far too much for their programing. However, after just having their arse handed to them in the courts and facing what appears to be an unwinnable case with Voom (aka AMC Networks), many view this tactic as "sour grapes" by Dish simply due to timing and perceptions.

Personally, I'm interested in seeing how this dispute turns out... ;)

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

Only thing I watch on AMC is the walking dead and If they drop it I will just download the episodes. Now if they drop my employee discount then I will cancel....

I'm saying that additional sources should be considered since polling a small cadre of avid Dish enthusiasts is not a fair representation of all Dish Network customers. The bottom line is that there will be massive outcry from subscribers should the AMC Network channels get yanked. To think otherwise is foolish.

Personally, I'm interested in seeing how this dispute turns out... ;)

Not Neilsen over here. Was just really interested in the opinion of other members of this forum.

But like you, really interested to see how this dispute turns out. Should AMC be dropped, we will drop dish. It will be the final straw. Not so much that it's entirely their fault. The programming on a lot of channels has gone to crap, and we put up with it since there were a few channels with shows we would watch regularly. AMC just happens to be one of the big players.

Last edited:
I don't watch the AMC channels and I'm under contract until February, so for me, it's a no. But I still think they'll be a big outcry if the channels get yanked.

empiretc said:
this poll really was intended for AMC viewers.

It should be intended for all Dish viewers regardless of how much they watch AMC. Otherwise the results end up skewed.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

It should be intended for all Dish viewers regardless of how much they watch AMC. Otherwise the results end up skewed.

No.

Why would you ask someone that doesn't eat ice cream, if they care if the ice cream parlor closes up?

STUPID EDIT LINE STILL NEEDS FIXED.

Last edited:
I'm amazed some of you would switch providers over one single show. I'd come more subscribing to Hulu Plus to catch the 16 episodes of The Walking Dead than completely leave Dish. Unless you're already unhappy with them to begin with...

I am a 10 year plus, loyal customer running 3 HD receivers....

If Dish drops AMC I will be switching to Direct, and when/if it happens Dish will have a clear understanding concerning my dissatisfaction.

yaz96 said:
No.

Why would you ask someone that doesn't eat ice cream, if they care if the ice cream parlor closes up?

STUPID EDIT LINE STILL NEEDS FIXED.

Bad comparison on your part. Customers pay Dish for a tier of channels including AMC regardless of AMC viewing habits, so therefore all those customers will have be impacted by the removal of the channel. They may not even notice it (since they never watch that channel) but at the very least they're paying the same money for less available content. So I'd say they all should get to vote for the poll to be a more accurate reflection of how subs are likely to react. The ice cream example, your hypothetical non customer doesn't pay anything to the shop and therefore has no skin in the game.

I am a 10 year plus, loyal customer running 3 HD receivers....

If Dish drops AMC I will be switching to Direct, and when/if it happens Dish will have a clear understanding concerning my dissatisfaction.
Harrumph!!

Seriously??? I pray you're not a professional pollster! But really, sorry it did not go the way you obviously hoped.

Seriously? Read previous posts. If you don't watch AMC why even bother. Just wanted to see what other dish subs here, that enjoy AMC, had in mind.

This is a time when some people should really practice discretion. But it is an open forum and these types of shenanigans go with the territory. Didn't have any hopes, just didn't intend for it to turn into a pissing match.

Seriously? Read previous posts. If you don't watch AMC why even bother. Just wanted to see what other dish subs here, that enjoy AMC, had in mind.

This is a time when some people should really practice discretion. But it is an open forum and these types of shenanigans go with the territory. Didn't have any hopes, just didn't intend for it to turn into a pissing match.
I watch AMC. But won't leave, and I don't think anybody will need to in the end. Did you really think this would NOT start a p*ssing match???

I watch AMC. But won't leave, and I don't think anybody will need to in the end. Did you really think this would NOT start a p*ssing match???

There will always be critics, lol. Or like the youngsters say: haters gonna hate.

Hope you're right. We probably will but still need to convince ourselves after being with dish for so long.

Stuck in a new contract, but will drop Dish anyway. I'm a big fan of AMC, IFC and Sundance and originally left DirecTV in part due to them not having AMC HD (now the do of course). When I drop Dish, I think I'm done with satellite companies for a while. I'm tired of my favorite channels being dropped.

Stuck in a new contract, but will drop Dish anyway. I'm a big fan of AMC, IFC and Sundance and originally left DirecTV in part due to them not having AMC HD (now the do of course). When I drop Dish, I think I'm done with satellite companies for a while. I'm tired of my favorite channels being dropped.

I hope you don't seriously think such disputes are limited to Sat, because you are bound to be disappointed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts