Joeys wont Link

Sparc you are correct I do not have any unused ports. And I have already actvated a previous system with no issue. But for some reason I cannot get the Hopper to link these two joeys. I have confirmed that they are attached to the same account and as I said before the Hopper activated without any problems. I just cannot get the joeys to activate and link

sparc said:
if i understand correctly, he's using one tap for a hopper/joey and then the other joey is on the other client port.

Since he's using a solo node, there wouldn't be any unused ports.

I don't think you can use a tap and the client port on the node, I believe it's one or the other... Also all hookups to the joeys must be using RG6 if you are using a tap.

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

scollins29835 said:
Yes I can see the Joeys there they are showing unlinked

When the power is off on the joeys it will show them as unlinked.

Turn the power on, on a Joey... What does it say then? Also what happens on the Joey when you turn it on?

I don't think you can use a tap and the client port on the node, I believe it's one or the other...
actually that's how someone would have one hopper and three joeys on a solo node. And that's also how duo nodes are shown in the training diagrams.

Also all hookups to the joeys must be using RG6 if you are using a tap.
only on duo nodes with two taps

Sorry I am in a hotel sitting by the pool watching my son swim, I don't have and of the training materials in front of me so I apologize if my info is off. I have not used taps in any of the hoppers I have set up and have not had this issue.

Just trying to help. :)

When the joeys are off the hopper does not detect them. When you turn the joeys you get a message saying they are trying to find a Hopper to link to. (message number 1303) I think. Im not at the office now. The hopper will show the two joeys as unlinked when you push select they do not link

I have not changed anything as far as the node and tap. Everthing is the same. I even replaced the node then the tap to see if that would make a differance no change

scollins29835 said:
When the joeys are off the hopper does not detect them. When you turn the joeys you get a message saying they are trying to find a Hopper to link to. (message number 1303) I think. Im not at the office now. The hopper will show the two joeys as unlinked when you push select they do not link

This is good... It means (I think) that the Joey is not getting a MoCA signal. Can you try as a test getting rid of the tap and instead run the Joey to the node?

I am ahead of you on that tried it still nothing. If it wasn't getting the Moca signal you would think the hopper could not see the joeys.( Just thinking)

Last thing I can think of is try pulling the power from the hopper for a few minutes which will allow for the solo node to reset. Then plug things in and try again.

I am guessing the software got downloaded to the joeys...

One other thing is when you are not using the hopper to power it off, there have been a number of software updates that have gone out, by powering them of it puts the unit in standby mode so it can download all the software it and the joeys need...

I don't think the joeys got the software.How can I force them to take a download?

One other thing is when you are not using the hopper to power it off, there have been a number of software updates that have gone out, by powering them off it puts the unit in standby mode so it can download all the software it and the joeys need...

By doing this.

Also on your Hopper if you go to settings->Network Settings->Test and see View Counters – there is a counter called Client ID1: (you may have to page down)

Can you tell me what your client ID is – it should be ZA…: BFC1 if its not then the Hopper hasn't downloaded the new Joey software from the satellite. I am wondering if this is the issue... I had an issue early on where got a software update but lost the Joeys because the Joeys havent updated to the new software yet. I am thinking this might be the ultimate issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)