Joeys wont Link

You have another Node you could try?

Unfortunately you can't stick a meter on the line and see if the joey is getting signal fromo the Hopper so hard to diagnose.

Since you only have one Joey I assume you have no cable splitter in the line.

You have another Node you could try?

Unfortunately you can't stick a meter on the line and see if the joey is getting signal fromo the Hopper so hard to diagnose.

Since you only have one Joey I assume you have no cable splitter in the line.

Scott I have tried using another Node, same result.

No splitters, replaced coax. The time changed to the correct time on the Joey so I assume the that activation took and it is getting a signal, just wont link to hopper, or allow me to restart the initial set up sequence.

Thanks,

I'm having the same problem as TheaterWizard. Hopper installed fine, Joey just sits there with message 1303: Looking for a Hopper to link to, please wait...

Tried the joey reset posted earlier in this thread with no luck - can't get it to restart the initial setup.

I have a single hopper and a single joey. All cable is quad shield rg6 rated for 3ghz.

Things I've tried:
- powering down the hopper for a few min to allow the single node to reset
- resetting the hopper via the reset button
- various resets/power-offs of the joey

Info that may be of use:
- Hopper Client 1 ID ZA:...0JZA
- Hopper shows the Joey in an unlinked state
- Joey shows an unlinked Joey, but the with the room assignment of the Hopper (and the picture looks like a hopper)
- When resetting the network on teh Hopper, I'm informed that a Joey '' is in use and resetting the network will interrupt that client. This happens even when the joey is unplugged.

Any thoughts?

here is what I got.

Hi Scott – one of the primary points of emphasis we tried to make during the install process is that if a Joey is connected to the MoCA network before the Hopper is activated, it could put the Joey in a state that seems unrecoverable. In most cases, the Joey will show “1303” searching for a Hopper. If a Joey is in that condition, we suggest the following work around to recover it:

(Assumes the Joey is connected to the MoCA network via coax and the Hopper has finished all downloads and activation.)

1. Disconnect the co/ax (moCA) connection from the Joey
  2. Place the Joey in standby using the front panel
  3. Reconnect the co/ax (moCA) connection to the Joey
  4. Reset the Joey (AC reset is suggested)
  5. The Joey should then boot back up to 061 and do the software download

Hi Scott, thanks for the info.

I definitely waited until the Hopper was up before the Joey was connected to the coax or even powered-up.

Just followed your instructions (which I swear I tried 10x already!) and am now getting the 061 and download progress.

Stay tuned!

One thing that may be of use to others: pressing the power did not palce the joey into standby. I held the button down to do a reset and then pressed the power when the cursor came up. that placed it into standby and gave me the standby screen. I then proceeded to do the AC reset.

For ppl who have successfully linked - is it normal for the joey to display the Joey Starting Up... screen for 10+ minutes?

I had the installers here (3 of them), and they were unable to get either of my Joey's connected. Since my appointment was from 8-12, and it is now 3:30 - we finally had to wrap it up and they said they would come back later when I call them since I have some stuff to get done.

I have the currentZA:0JZA software on the hopper, and the Joey goes to the 1303 screen. That screen disappears, and I'm left at a black screen with nothing on it. Is this what you guys are talking about? Not sure where to go from here - guess I'll have to play around with it later.

I'm in the same position...two Hoppers working fine, two Joeys visible on the MoCA network as 'Unlinked' and standing by with the 1303 message. The Dish installer has been here for 6 1/2 hrs working on this--I feel for the guy as he's trying his best to get things going. I did show the installer Scott's Dish recommended step-by-step fix for the 1303 msg, but it didn't work for him. He's still trying to figure this out.

nothing works. factory reset does nothing, i put joey in standbye, did everything you said, but wan not able to get joey out of standby once hard reset finished. I ended up hitting system info, then close , and it took me straight to 1303 looking for hopper. stays there

ronb said:
nothing works. factory reset does nothing, i put joey in standbye, did everything you said, but wan not able to get joey out of standby once hard reset finished. I ended up hitting system info, then close , and it took me straight to 1303 looking for hopper. stays there

Did you do a hard reset on the Hopper as well?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

I'm in the same position...two Hoppers working fine, two Joeys visible on the MoCA network as 'Unlinked' and standing by with the 1303 message. The Dish installer has been here for 6 1/2 hrs working on this--I feel for the guy as he's trying his best to get things going. I did show the installer Scott's Dish recommended step-by-step fix for the 1303 msg, but it didn't work for him. He's still trying to figure this out.

Installer just tried a new Joey and it works! Not sure why either, but its currently paired with the wrong Hopper (saw both but wouldn't pair with the one it should). He's trying another new Joey on the other Hopper now.

scott you dont mention how to take joey out of standbye. power and select not working. the only way i can do it is to hit system info then select the close option. That puts me back to 1303

I'll bet these problems will be rare a week from now.

Thanks to all you pioneers who are blazing the trail for others!

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Joey is stuck on Attention 1303 (linking)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]a. Unhook MoCA cable from Joey.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]b. Put Joey into standby mode[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]i. If Joey will not go into stand-by when pressing power, front panel reset the Joey[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]ii. When Joey powers back on, immediately press the power button to put into standby mode.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]c. Unplug Joey from power[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]d. Hook MoCA cable back to Joey[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]e. Plug Joey back in to power[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]f. Joey will boot up to 061 (software download)

had 4 of them @ 1303 follow these steps and they will download then link
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)