Joeys wont Link

at what point of "powers on" are you speaking when the light comes on, when the cursor appears, or when it disappears. and do you have to take it out of standby?

when in standby follow these steps
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]c. Unplug Joey from power[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]d. Hook MoCA cable back to Joey[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]e. Plug Joey back in to power[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]f. Joey will boot up to 061 (software download)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]

cable is allready hooked up at this point. I removed cable, disconnected power, put cable back in, and rebooted. It came back to Joey screensaver

i have performed these steps 20 times now . Standby screen. If i wake it right as it goes to standby, it will go back to 1303 , and stay there

Tried resetting our Joey for two days, finally after speaking with Retail Services, Retailer Development and Dash, they recommended we R/A the piece. We received the new one today, installed in 5 Mins, back up and running great.

Seems that if you try to install the software on the Joey before the Hopper is done installing and active with programming then you can lock up the Joey for good and it needs to go back for a replacement. Live and learn.

Tried resetting our Joey for two days, finally after speaking with Retail Services, Retailer Development and Dash, they recommended we R/A the piece. We received the new one today, installed in 5 Mins, back up and running great.

Seems that if you try to install the software on the Joey before the Hopper is done installing and active with programming then you can lock up the Joey for good and it needs to go back for a replacement. Live and learn.

Yes. Connecting a Joey in any way before the Hopper is completely done downloading and activated is a BIG no no. The steps that everyone has listed on here are suppose to fix the Joey after it has been messed up according to Dish but it hasn't seemed to work for anyone.

So a quick question - mine gets past the 1303 screen, but it only gets to a complete black screen, and seems to lock up (can't get to the menus or anything). Is this the same thing that happens to everyone else, or does yours not actually get past the 1303?

HEY! Re-read the instructions, and I could never get my receiver into standby before. Here is EXACTLY what I did for those having problems (just reiterating what was said here, but this did work for me)

1) Unlug the coax from the back of the Joey
2) Press and hold the power button to perform a reset
3) Stare at the power light. It will go out shortly after the box resets. Once the light comes on - HIT THE POWER BUTTON RIGHT AWAY! (This will put the Joey into Standby immediately, shouldn't have to wait for confirmation)
4) Once in standby, reconnect the coax
5) Unplug the power and reconnect
6) Commence the dancing.

Now I'm going to go downstairs and do the same thing for my basement TV.

Thanks for the help guys!

So a quick question - mine gets past the 1303 screen, but it only gets to a complete black screen, and seems to lock up (can't get to the menus or anything). Is this the same thing that happens to everyone else, or does yours not actually get past the 1303?

Sometimes mine get stuck on the 1303 screen. Other times I can get to the menu, or actually see the channel number, name, info in the banner, but it goes back to the black screen. I've called several CSR's, and they're in the same boat as we are.....They don't know. I can see the Joeys listed as 'unlinked' in the Hopper menu, but when the Hopper says, 'to link this 'Joey' location, press select", nothing happens. You'd think it would be as simple as pressing select to link them. I'm assuming the unlinked status is why nothing is showing. I've been down the same road for the last 5 hours of 'Did you download the Hopper first?" I absolutely made it a point to not plug in any power or coax to any Joey before I got programming from several channels (110, 200, 140, 170, 300, locals) before attempting to plug in the 1st Joey. They all took me through the stepped process, and then all went to the black screen with the info banner appearing momentarily at the top of the screen. 5+ hours on a four-room that would usually take me 2-2.5 hrs. I still haven't finished and have to return in the morning, which cuts into paying jobs that I could be doing.

You guys haven't seen terror until you've got two fat ladies screaming behind your back that they're hungry and ready to go eat and I'm holding them up.

From what others have said, you can't link to a Joey from the Hopper, have to link to Hopper from the Joey's link screen.

Sometimes mine get stuck on the 1303 screen. Other times I can get to the menu, or actually see the channel number, name, info in the banner, but it goes back to the black screen. I've called several CSR's, and they're in the same boat as we are.....They don't know. I can see the Joeys listed as 'unlinked' in the Hopper menu, but when the Hopper says, 'to link this 'Joey' location, press select", nothing happens. You'd think it would be as simple as pressing select to link them. I'm assuming the unlinked status is why nothing is showing. I've been down the same road for the last 5 hours of 'Did you download the Hopper first?" I absolutely made it a point to not plug in any power or coax to any Joey before I got programming from several channels (110, 200, 140, 170, 300, locals) before attempting to plug in the 1st Joey. They all took me through the stepped process, and then all went to the black screen with the info banner appearing momentarily at the top of the screen. 5+ hours on a four-room that would usually take me 2-2.5 hrs. I still haven't finished and have to return in the morning, which cuts into paying jobs that I could be doing.

You guys haven't seen terror until you've got two fat ladies screaming behind your back that they're hungry and ready to go eat and I'm holding them up.

Two fat ladies, you in the middle=a jarvant samich............:eek:

From what others have said, you can't link to a Joey from the Hopper, have to link to Hopper from the Joey's link screen.

I can access the linking screen only from the Hopper's Whole Home Distribution tile. There is no Whole Home Distribution tile at the Joey location. Even from the Hopper screen, pressing select does nothing. You'd think it would change from the red 'unlinked' to a green 'linked'. I'll try some of the other workarounds some of the other guys have listed so far. I'm not impressed with the setup so far. Physical setup is easy. All the waiting, resetting, powering up and down, after everything is set in its place has got to get better. I'm so disappointed how Dish could take such a great idea as the Hopper and drop the ball in the way they have so far. I hope it doesn't turn into on of those 'telephone' type gadgets that does 10,000 different functions, but doesn't function well in its primary purpose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)