LNB Question Direct TV BS1H3UP250M

Status
Please reply by conversation.

apmoco

Jun 11, 2014
Have a 2003 RV with dish and this LNB on top (BS1H3UP250M). When I bought the RV it had an LNB in the cabinet 232594. Are any of these current and what Direct TV satellites could I pick up with them?

Thank you for any response,

Darla

:welcome to Satelliteguys apmoco!

Isn't the BS1H3UP250M a dish? If so, it's the older ku type. That means it won't work (well) for hd signals. The lnb #232594 is really a
BSCH84P01, which looks like a ku type also. No good for hd if that's what you are looking for. They would work for 101, 110, and 119 only.

:welcome to Satelliteguys apmoco!

Isn't the BS1H3UP250M a dish? If so, it's the older ku type. That means it won't work (well) for hd signals. The lnb #232594 is really a
BSCH84P01, which looks like a ku type also. No good for hd if that's what you are looking for. They would work for 101, 110, and 119 only.

Thanks
It probably is

Thanks for the response, it probably is. I wonder if you could put a dual LNB on. I will probably have to toggle between the low def satellites w/o a dual....any thoughts?

Perhaps you could use a triple lnb on it? It covers 101, 110, and 119. They are readily available, I'm not sure about the duals.

I would think a low def triple probably work. I will give it a try. Thank you for your help!

Darla

I will probably have to toggle between the low def satellites w/o a dual....any thoughts?
What is it that you hope to end up with?

Using switchgear is something you don't want to visit with an RV as it usually involves multiple cable penetrations (even for a single tuner receiver).

Why are you asking questions when you don't know what's going on?

Why are you asking questions when you don't know what's going on?
I'm asking the question because I don't know what the goal is. I thought that was self-evident.

It is much more economical to understand the whole problem before posting numerous replies.

Dish is in place and prewired (2003). Was wondering what it would be capable of and what the best LNB would be. Looked at some 3 ways and the base appears to be too wide for the dish. I know low def is probably all this dish can do but it would be nice to have a LNB that would catch all of the low def satellites.

I'm asking the question because I don't know what the goal is. I thought that was self-evident.

It is much more economical to understand the whole problem before posting numerous replies.
I agree,
Harsh was asking what the OP was trying to accomplish, this way you know how to answer. Without that info, you have no way of giving correct options.

I think what I have gathered is in order to receive 2 satellites at once you have to skew the dish (azimuth, elevation, skew). The roof top mount on the RV allows for azimuth and elevation only. I would imagine if you positioned the dish between lets say 101 and 110 you would not get much of a signal.....any thoughts?

I thought it was evident that he wants to watch tv, and in an rv, only one tv.

I think what I have gathered is in order to receive 2 satellites at once you have to skew the dish (azimuth, elevation, skew). The roof top mount on the RV allows for azimuth and elevation only. I would imagine if you positioned the dish between lets say 101 and 110 you would not get much of a signal.....any thoughts?

It sounds like the mount for the dish is designed for reception from a single satellite at a time.

Probably, 2003 RV original install. That was most likely the tech back then. Just thought a new LNB may let me receive multiple birds. I do not think it is possible due to skew and the dish will not. I will try to be more precise next time.

Probably, 2003 RV original install. That was most likely the tech back then. Just thought a new LNB may let me receive multiple birds. I do not think it is possible due to skew and the dish will not. I will try to be more precise next time.
The pinnacle of DIRECTV dish technology back then was the Phase III dish that received all three slots and could supply up to four tuners with signal. RV tech typically trailed in-home tech. From what I've been able to gather, the DISH you gave us the number for is a round dish designed for a single LNB.

For me the important questions remain: What programming do you want to have access to and on how many TVs?

If you currently have a residential subscription, what package is it and do you subscribe to HD Access?

Do you RV all over or in a limited area?

Rather than starting with what you think you have, it is usually better to start with what you want and work backwards from there.

We basically just want something to watch. I do not foresee using the dish for any length of time. We use direct tv and have the package short of the HBOs. We rv in OR, AZ. NV and Crescent City mostly. TV would be needed in the remote locations of these states.

If you're going to move around a lot, a ground-based dish might make more sense as going up and down the Cascade Range will involve lots of tweaking of the dish elevation. As an example, a Phoenix dish points 14.7 degrees higher in the sky than does a Eugene dish and a Eugene multi-slot dish must be tilted about 10 degrees more than the same dish in Phoenix.

A single LNB dish such as the one you have will give you access to programming on 101W and that represents much (but far from all) of DIRECTV's national SD programming. Because the guide data resides at 101W, you may or may not be able to re-aim to 119W and have it work.

If you're going to move around a lot, a ground-based dish might make more sense as going up and down the Cascade Range will involve lots of tweaking of the dish elevation. As an example, a Phoenix dish points 14.7 degrees higher in the sky than does a Eugene dish and a Eugene multi-slot dish must be tilted about 10 degrees more than the same dish in Phoenix.

A single LNB dish such as the one you have will give you access to programming on 101W and that represents much (but far from all) of DIRECTV's national SD programming. Because the guide data resides at 101W, you may or may not be able to re-aim to 119W and have it work.

Far from all? How much sd programming isn't on 101? Local sd channels on 119 is the vast majority of what isn't on 101 in sd, and it's not national. About the only other programming on 119 in sd is foreign.

I think your right. I was playing with the crankup at the house and there was no way I could get through the trees. I am sure I can find a slimline anywhere for cheap. Thank you for your help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts