New 2014 DIRECTV Prices

Status
Please reply by conversation.
haven't read all 12 pages but I did get the info printout in my latest bill about the change.

Since Genie HR-34 or client hardware is not listed on the price change flier, is this increase only applicable for programming and not hardware?

No changes to hardware monthly fees.

nope. Just checked a friends zip (Cedar Rapids, IA) and they get CSN Chicago with the package (shows 0.00) but with Premier they get FS North and FS Midwest fore the pro sports

edit: ironically I checked 60601 (Chicago) and it says 1.82
In market vs outer market?

I have two "RSN"s in my market and the directv link said my RSN fee is $0.00.

I suppose there might be an exception if one of them is DIRECTV owned (ROOT in my case) or if the second RSN doesn't cost DIRECTV too much. I can't believe the asking price for ALTITUDE SPORTS would be that much considering the junk and lack of sports on it. ;)

No exception here. I'm now paying another $1.82 for a channel - Root Sports RM - that between the wife and I we watch a handful of hours a year at most and could most certainly live without. Just effing lovely.

We all pay for channels that we don't want. Some are sports channels, some are youth oriented, some directed at women or men.

We all pay for channels that we don't want. Some are sports channels, some are youth oriented, some directed at women or men.

I have not seen this yet on my bill (maybe I have missed it or just lucky) but if customers are getting an itemized charge for a channel they don't want, then they should have the right to have that channel removed from their service.

the RSN fee is just a fee. The only way to get rid of the RSN fee is to switch to a package that doesnt include your local rsn (entertainment, family, select)

I have not seen this yet on my bill (maybe I have missed it or just lucky) but if customers are getting an itemized charge for a channel they don't want, then they should have the right to have that channel removed from their service.

You can always drop to a package that doesn't include that channel, if such a package exists.

the RSN fee is just a fee. The only way to get rid of the RSN fee is to switch to a package that doesnt include your local rsn (entertainment, family, select)

I'll cancel my service before I drop to a package without Altitude.

Not to mention, Root Sports RM is owned by D*, which means each month they're dropping by for an extra kick in the sack simply because they can.

I noticed today while on the Directv site they raised the multi-sports package a $1 to $13.99

Just another example of spreading the increase around, not just on packages. I'm not sure why since there's nothing added on the sports pack, I think sports cost is taking it's toll.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I'm not about to start a new thread; but are we going to seriously have to wait for the next satellite launch before any new HD gets added by DirecTV?

But honestly if I had to pay for the programming package I would have cancelled a while ago. Just getting too damn expensive

and now that I have moved (and therefore would have to pay for the programming) I did cancel my Directv due to it getting too expensive. Going OTA only

and now that I have moved (and therefore would have to pay for the programming) I did cancel my Directv due to it getting too expensive. Going OTA only

I think I'm going to have to make some changes too, it's $115/mo now for Choice Ultimate + HD + 3 receivers, one of which I can't even use because it's a H25 and I left my dish when I moved because the new place already had one but it's a non SWM SL5. I'd have to "move" my service to home to get movers connection to install a new dish with SWM SL5 for the H25 and then "move" back so that I get the local channels I want. PITA. Know anyone giving away a SWM SL5 LNBF?

It just got too expensive. When I called to cancel Directv tried to save me. I did laugh when they told me I could get a free Genie upgrade if I did the movers connection
ummm I already HAD one. A HR34

The few things that I really wanted to keep I copied to a DVD. Already had a Tivo Series 3 with lifetime and recently picked up a Tivo HD with service on it until September. The lady said "its broke"....nah just had to push the cable from the hard drive back in to the motherboard :)

It just got too expensive. When I called to cancel Directv tried to save me. I did laugh when they told me I could get a free Genie upgrade if I did the movers connection
ummm I already HAD one. A HR34

The few things that I really wanted to keep I copied to a DVD. Already had a Tivo Series 3 with lifetime and recently picked up a Tivo HD with service on it until September. The lady said "its broke"....nah just had to push the cable from the hard drive back in to the motherboard :)

Should I call movers connection? Can it reduce my bill? I don't want any equipment upgrades other than my D12 needs to be swapped for a HD receiver just so that the tv it is on has access to all of the same channels (HD Exclusives & MPEG4 channels (Nasa)).

Posted Via The FREE iOS SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Should I call movers connection? Can it reduce my bill?
the movers connection is just that.....they move your service to a new address. They try and upgrade people to a Genie to probably get them back in a 2 year contract.

I don't want any equipment upgrades other than my D12 needs to be swapped for a HD receiver just so that the tv it is on has access to all of the same channels (HD Exclusives & MPEG4 channels (Nasa)).

if you upgrade equipment you would have a new 2 year agreement.

I didnt speak to movers group when I cancelled. I ended up speaking to retention.

Does it trigger a 12 or 24 month commitment to a mover's connection service? If yes is there any other way for not getting a commitment. I understand the equipment upgrade for 24 month commitment, But if I'm just simply moving the existing equipment to the new location, What would be the install price for a movers if I'm not eligible for free mover's service?, I currently have 2 DVR's HR44 and HR24 and 2 HD receivers both H24's, plus Slimline SL5 Dish with SWM 16.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Does it trigger a 12 or 24 month commitment to a mover's connection service? But if I'm just simply moving the existing equipment to the new location,

no contract extension if you keep the same equipment. When I moved to the apartment (from my house) there was no extension.
If you upgrade equipment then there is the contract extension

Does it trigger a 12 or 24 month commitment to a mover's connection service? If yes is there any other way for not getting a commitment. I understand the equipment upgrade for 24 month commitment, But if I'm just simply moving the existing equipment to the new location, What would be the install price for a movers if I'm not eligible for free mover's service?, I currently have 2 DVR's HR44 and HR24 and 2 HD receivers both H24's, plus Slimline SL5 Dish with SWM 16.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You could do your own install if you know how .... another option would be to contact a local installation company to do the install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)