Poll:Overall How Satisfied Are You With Your HJ System Performance? (post a why too!)

How Satisfied Are you with your H/J System?

• Very Satisfied

Votes: 51 53.7%
  • Somewhat Satisfied

Votes: 37 38.9%
  • Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Somewhat Dissatisfied

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Very Dissatisfied

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

midwesttv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
USA
So for you owners of a H/J system, overall how satisfied are you with it's performance? (post a why too!)

So far I would say very satisfied...Happy with the functionality, performance of Hopper and Joeys, value, picture clarity and I love accessing multiple dvr recordings from around the house...Now get me some AMC and Netflix and I'll have to add a 6th satisfied scale..

Last edited:
Somewhat. The main thing keeping me from saying very is the (minor) bugs, the MRV bugs in particular (sometimes receivers can't see each other after nightly reboots until I soft reset.) Hoping S221 will fix my problems.

Last edited:
I said somewhat satisfied. The Hoppers are great but the trick play on the Joeys seems a little slow to respond at times. It's not real bad but definetly slower than my old 722.

Somewhat satisfied. With the system, very satisfied but the Dish policy of noy allowing PTAT with a DNS subscription tempers the satisfaction.

Ilya when is the last time your tried?

All my Voom recordings are playing fine! (This was fixed back in S115 - 117) :)

Wow! You are right! I haven't checked it in awhile. Just checked it now and the EHD issue appears to be fixed in S217! I didn't realize that!
I will delete my post and change my vote to Very Satisfied now! :D

After 216/217 software updates all has been perfect, before that had some issues with check switch rebooting all is well now!

I selected somewhat satisfied instead of very satisfied just because the lack of OTA support. Once that is available I will be very satisfied. :)

I voted somewhat - I really like the Hopper and Joey and think it is a big improvement over the 722k and 211k I had previously, but there have been some bumps in the road. I think once Dish gets all the promised features of the Hopper up and running well it will be amazing, but for right now it is just great. I really hope we see more improvements and features added - like that sweet concept remote that Dish showed off at CES.

I choose somewhat.. Due to I would like to see more Apps like Sports to where you can add your favorite teams see their schedule and see what channel they are playing on so forth. Also would like to change the guide in where you can pull up just movie channels up and then if you want you can just pull up sports channels as well. I think Dish should get their guide data from some one else and I would like to see a different layout when you go to move your cursor of the movie title that it gives you more info just the overall look. Besides that these are minor things nothing major so far the unit has ran great..

Hopper is very good overall,thought Dish would put more emphasis on getting OTA. That is the one thing i can't wait for.

I have only had the system for 2 weeks but I am very satisfied so far. I love being able to watch dvr from both Hoppers and 6 tuners are great.

My complaints are mostly minor. The biggest one is the box losing the last episode of Desperate Housewives and the season finale of The Mentalist, but I haven't seen anything like this lately.

The other problems are losing local channels from custom lists, sporadic operation of Closed Captioning, no red roos on PTAT shows sometimes when they should be there, and a one time foul up in the MoCA network which required RBR of the boxes.

All in all I'm happy and so is the wife.

I just got mine yesterday but it is awesome it is everything that I have ever wanted in a system it is a dream compared to all of those separate boxes everywhere. They are not finished installing the downstairs but the part I really use is awesome hit it out of the ballpark. For the first time there are no timer conflicts nothing of the sort it is truly amazing. Thank you Dish Network.

Very satisfied. The response of the hopper is very fast. I like the red button for the tv viewing status, where you can select any tuner. The picture quality is very good. This was a concern when I switched providers, if it would be as good and it is. I like the swap button to be able to switch between tuners. I have not had any major problems, other than a couple of lockups. I only have one minor thing that I would like to see fixed. Dish is pushing out updates very quickly, which is a good thing. Shows they are concerned about making it better.

I have the same problem with DNS.
Simple fix - don't require HD, simple record the 4 available networks as they appear on the system.
More pet peevs my Motosat Dish 500 dpp does not play well with Hoppers.
Two Hoppers do not cooperate like Hopper Joey to watch same thing on both controlled by one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)