Poll:Overall How Satisfied Are You With Your HJ System Performance? (post a why too!)

How Satisfied Are you with your H/J System?

• Very Satisfied

Votes: 51 53.7%
  • Somewhat Satisfied

Votes: 37 38.9%
  • Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Somewhat Dissatisfied

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Very Dissatisfied

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
356B said:
Could you expand on the wireless Joey? wireless internet or something else?

I'm using the DISH-supplied USB adapter on the Joey's USB port. The Ethernet-connected Hopper supplies the bridged connection to the other two Hoppers (MoCA-only) and a coax Joey.

I've had the wireless Joey connected to wifi (no coax) for months and it's been great. The only issues I've had are bridging-related issues which so far *crosses fingers* have been resolved since S221.

Of course, it helps that I have two big expensive directional antennas beaming the wifi signal all throughout the house ;) ...

Thank you for the reply,
I'm setting up a new space and have an extra Joey I would like to use in it. I have a Dish usb wifi adapter also. I don't have a directional antenna but I can see my wifi signal throughout the neighborhood or so it seems, it's defiantly worth a shot, less wiring....?

Yep just plug it in to the USB, put in the encryption key, and you're good to go. Anything that is consistently at 25 or above on the wifi signal should be sufficient. WiFi N is definitely preferred but if you aren't doing any major activity on other wireless devices G should suffice.

After a weekend with the 2H and 1J more and more impressed. My only complaint is not having PIP on the joey i use a lot. Even wife likes it right away. Everything working fine esp. like recall button with 4 choices to jump to different channels.

I have to say that I VERY satisfied when compared to the HR21 boxes I use to have from DirecTV. I do wish that they would kill the little nagging bugs in the Hopper/Joeys, but as far as functionality goes, it is like night and day.

Put me in the very satisfied category. I have not (yet?) encountered any of the current annoying issues reported here. Remote access is now great with the HIC. I was using a Homeplug adapter with my 722 and that was pitiful. The next big feature I'll be looking for is OTA....

Put me in the very satisfied category. I have not (yet?) encountered any of the current annoying issues reported here. Remote access is now great with the HIC. I was using a Homeplug adapter with my 722 and that was pitiful. The next big feature I'll be looking for is OTA....

ME TOO!!!! Can't wait for ota to be added with Manual timers.

356B said:
I take it you mean 25 Mbps?

I mean an SNR of (consistently) 25 or above. Can look at the router or look at the signal strength in the Joey USB wireless menu (YELLOW - BLUE - SELECT - USB Wireless.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)