Question about triplxers/diplexers

coasterguy

Aug 28, 2006
Got 2 new Vip722k's installed in 2 different rooms. Not thinking at the time I should have had both installed in the LR on the HDTV and used one to run the CRT in the bedroom. Now I want to do this myself. I have the 2 triplxers that came with the 2 receivers. I will use one on the one receiver supplying the BR but can I use the spare trplexer in place of the necessary diplexer in the basement? I hope this makes sense.

If I'm understanding correctly,why would you want both 722 in the living room.That would require a new line from the dish to your living room to run both 722 at the same location.

Just want all 4 HD tuners hooked up to the LCD in the living room and still be able to watch our older standard def TV in the bedroom. I am ready to get the second line from the sat dish into the living room also.

No, two triplexers will not work together. As TheKrell stated the triplexer is a diplexer and separator combined into one. You have one "in/out" port and a "VHF/UHF" and "Sat 1" and "Sat 2" for dual tuner receivers. The triplexers are designed to be used together with a diplexer where you have a "Sat" port in place of the separate Sat 1 and Sat 2 on the triplexer. Triplexers are used at the receiver only with the diplexer used elsewhere in the system somewhere between the receiver and the dish. If you would like to use the "home distribution" port of your 722 for your bedroom tv (TV2), probably the best connection would be a direct cable from the "home distribution" port of your 722 directly to your bedroom tv.

All good. Thank you for your replies. I moved the second receiver to the LR and used a diplexer (yes, a probably overpriced one from Radio Shack) to send a feed back to the bedroom. Worked just like I had hoped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts