Statement from DISH - Not Getting the New HD?

Looks like I may be getting Eastern Arc. Guy is still on the phone with Dish. Installer has never put up a sat for 110/119/129 in this area. Downside is my 510 will need to be upgraded to a 612. $100, plus I'm sure there'll be a commitment. At 1st I was against a commitment, but I'm not going anywhere. Dish has the best receivers in the business, IMO. I should be able to sell my 510, since I'll no longer need it.

Looks like I may be getting Eastern Arc. Guy is still on the phone with Dish. Installer has never put up a sat for 110/119/129 in this area. Downside is my 510 will need to be upgraded to a 612. $100, plus I'm sure there'll be a commitment. At 1st I was against a commitment, but I'm not going anywhere. Dish has the best receivers in the business, IMO. I should be able to sell my 510, since I'll no longer need it.
That's probably the best idea here in the northeast...

I contacted them via their awesome twitter page DISH Network (dishnetwork) on Twitter and they called me within a couple minutes.

They are coming out on Saturday for free to get me on a EA setup. I have a hybrid EA/WA here in Central Illinois due to some tree issues but they are going to see what they can do. I know I can't get 129 which stinks cause thats only option for Locals in HD but there's nothing that can be done about that due to trees.

That's probably the best idea here in the northeast...

Yep. I agree. That's what I was trying to tell the CSR yesterday. But they insisted 129. Oh well. Can't blame the installer. He's just going by what we has on the work order.

I have called numerous times but was told the only thing they can do is an upgrade for $99. Have had HD for about 4 years. I do not have the protection plan but was told if i do get that it will still be $99. . . .

Not sure if this is a fair deal as i have been reading some members getting the upgrade for $15 and some getting it for free

I have 110/119/61.5

Finally got a rep who would give me the $15 upgrade...as long as i had the service plan...

I have a question for those of you have called an setup a work order and have lost their channels. What channels are you losing, is it just the hd channels or random channels? If it's just the hd channels i can live with losing those for a few days and just watch the sd versions, but its random channels i dont want to risk calling in today, cause if they cant come out tomorrow I wont be able to get this done till monday.

Edit: Also, I have 522 receiver, would that work with EA?

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with Dish...
I got my 61.5, 110, and 119 switched to 72.7 and 77 through Eastern Arc...
61.5 had my HD locals, so i needed that to be switched to either 72.7 or 77

Thanks a lot to everyone here for the help and knowledge-sharing... My eyes lit up when the nice tech lady mentioned EA and i thought, "Hey, i know what that is!"

My guess is that 61.5 channels can't be transferred to 129 so that is why I didn't get hooked up to 110/119/129 like a recent poster did, so i hope i did everything right.

Thanks again!
-richard

I have updated post 1 of this thread and added a PDF which was sent to retailers which explans what channels were added, where to find them and what packages they are part of. Enjoy!

So I am assuming that none of these channels are added to the Dish America packages? I'm not finding them on the Silver level.

upgrade fee??

$99 to get new channels?? I think not. My commitment is up in May and I WILL be going back to Time Warner. When they add channels, you don't pay. This is freakin nuts!

SCOTT -

Have you received any information or communication from Dish that included a reference to the new HD channels moving to 61.5 after EchoStar 6 arrived there ?

Or is that just an assumption that we are making ?

I posted this already in another thread...

All signs I am getting today are that they WON'T be moving the new HD to 61.5, it will stay where its at and in addition all new HD will also be at 72.7 and 129.

However nothing official on the subject. If I get something official I will post it.

I posted this already in another thread...

All signs I am getting today are that they WON'T be moving the new HD to 61.5, it will stay where its at and in addition all new HD will also be at 72.7 and 129.

However nothing official on the subject. If I get something official I will post it.

Scott: This is just crazy! Don't they ever do any planning?

Anyhow, if they want to upgrade me to a 1000.4 dish at no cost to me I can live with that. Otherwise, it just might be time for FIOS.

My call to Dish Network ended with me being told that I would have to pay $215 (plus 24 month commitment) to move to the EA and upgrade my 510. The VIP612 would not change my bill.

This is not likely to happen.

My first call this morning was to see how they would handle a call wondering why the new HD Channels were not present.

After 45 minutes, a check switch, and a hard reset. I was told that my software (L625) not current. Their information shows that L623 is current for the VIP722. I asked him if he was sure that these HD channels were on 61.5. He said yes he was sure.

He attempted to transfer me to Advanced Tech but the call was dropped.

My call to Dish Network ended with me being told that I would have to pay $215 (plus 24 month commitment) to move to the EA and upgrade my 510. The VIP612 would not change my bill.

This is not likely to happen.

My first call this morning was to see how they would handle a call wondering why the new HD Channels were not present.

After 45 minutes, a check switch, and a hard reset. I was told that my software (L625) not current. Their information shows that L623 is current for the VIP722. I asked him if he was sure that these HD channels were on 61.5. He said yes he was sure.

He attempted to transfer me to Advanced Tech but the call was dropped.

Call back and try again, ot better yet go to twitter and post a tweet to @DISHNETWORK saying "Why does @DISHNETWORK want to charge me $215 to watch the HD I already pay for?"

I bet that will get a quick response. :D

Just chatted with Dish tech supp. They coming on Sat, had to take a service plan in order to have it done for $15. Currently have 61.5 110/119 setup. Tech told me that technician will point it to 129. So I will have 61.5 110/119 and 129. I didn't even know that this was possible at my location. Will see on Sat.

This is a question for everyone who's waiting for their dish upgrade to view the new HD channels:

The only way for them to schedule an order (lame) is to remove some of your HD channels to then set up a work order to upgrade. I've heard from a forum member that they were able to call dish and have the channels added, while still retaining the work order. I just spoke to someone (via the online chat, which might be my problem) who told me that in order to put the channels back, the work order would have to be canceled. Can anyone else offer some insight on this?

I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone, but at least for me, I'm missing every HD channel that is not either a premium movie channel, or an HD local channel. So, it's not a HUGE deal for me to be like this until Sunday, but if a call could fix it, then why not?

Thanks again.

I spend hours talking to at least 4 csr. They either told me I couldnt get EA in ga . They kept trying to setup for WA. Which I kept explaining I live in condo and rules say dish cant be in common area. So the only is behind the patio wall and therefore they installed two dish 500. One is for 110/119 and other was 61.5. I hung up on two csr that didnt know what they were talking about. Finally just went online chat. After chatting with two csr. One agree to the EA update. The earliest was tommorrow but I am not available til monday.She also kept saying I didnt have the hd pkg which I told I most certainly do. So I am sheduled for Monday between 8am-12pm. That was before 9am . About 1;30pm I going thru the guide she turned off my hd pkg which also had platinum. The only way she could get them back was to cancel the install. Then turn them back on and reschedule which may or may not be available for Monday. I was mad but left it as it is til Monday. She said when they come Monday the Hd and platinum can get turned back . Seems strange the local Hd is still on I think the only other ones left on in HD was Bio and CI. I did have to sign up for $6 mo service plan and $15 for them to come out. Better than paying $95 she said without the plan.

I will never pay a penny to upgrade my system to something that Dish should be doing at their cost. It is their responsibility when they change their system to be sure everyone can receive their programing, not mine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)