Statement from DISH - Not Getting the New HD?

I have a single 722 in the house. I had a 110/119 and a 61.5 dish.

I called the number in Scott's original post and politely explained that I thought I may be eligible for an EA dish because I wasn't receiving all the channels I was paying for. The CSR had me on the phone for a while verifying that I was not in fact receiving all the channels. He told me I was in fact eligible but that his system was telling him that I would have to pay $95. In the next breath he said that didn't seem right. I was about to say that I had heard others were being charged $15 for the work but didn't. He put me on hold and came back saying that the work would be done at no cost to me.

I now have a 1000.4 single dish setup which is what I wanted. No more dish on a pole in the yard.

I was about to say that I had heard others were being charged $15 for the work but didn't. He put me on hold and came back saying that the work would be done at no cost to me.
This is the thing that irks me. Some people pay $99, some (like me) pay $15, and others get it for free. I guess I need to spin the CSR wheel and see if I can get the $15 fee dropped from my bill.

This is the thing that irks me. Some people pay $99, some (like me) pay $15, and others get it for free. I guess I need to spin the CSR wheel and see if I can get the $15 fee dropped from my bill.
Just checked my activity since last statement at the Dish site. They signed me up for the Service Plan for $6.99. I'm sort of OK with that but it would have been nice if they'd told me first.

Switched from 61.5/110/119 to 1000.4 for free!

I had DishAmericaSilver (old TurboHDSilver) which I may go back to if they start adding HD to it; but in the meantime I upgraded to AT200 w/Platinum and will hopefully drop the Platinum after June 3.
I was on 61.5/110/119 w/Hagerstown-DC locals. After I changed my programming, I checked “The List” and my guide and verified I wasn’t getting all of the HD channels. I went online with a CSR (btw he got rid of my 5 dollar TV2 connection fee) and we went through checking the satellite. After he did his stuff, he said, for $99....and then said, but if you get on the service plan it will only cost you $15… That’s pretty good, but I had some time on my hands. I asked who I could talk to about this, since I thought I shouldn’t have to pay because I upgraded my programming on their equipment, and they gave me the number (1-800-894-9131). I was going to use the one in the OP, but took a plunge with this one. The CSR seemed highly intelligent and diligent at getting a tech out AND making sure that I wasn’t charged. She may have been looking at a copy of my transcript with the CSR earlier in the day, because she kept referring to “the notes” as if to validate that yes, I was supposed to get it for free…..but, I did open the conversation by saying that I was calling about a “free upgrade” to EA 1000.4.
I was going to wait until June 3rd and the possible “free upgrade” to the 1000.4, but I’m glad I went ahead with it, for FREE.

Awkward Problem

I have three receivers in my living room with three 50" plasma. Am in a condo with east and west facing exposure. Have two lines running to the West Dish 500 feeding to a switch centrally located, and two lines running from the East Dish feeding the same switch.

Dish called ME, and said I needed to change, and they came out. The imbeciles switched the West facing Dish 500 to a 1000, and then discovered it was impossible to run an additional line (there are two there which we put in when we built the unit) from the 1000 to the switch. I do not understand why they need three. They put the 500 back, put tails between legs, and left.

A couple weeks later a better tech showed up and said he cannot find a solution, but did not speak good enough English to tell me what the problem was.

Based on what he said I am really concerned, because he implied that not only would I not be able to get the new channels (which I can live with) but that I would start losing channels as they switch more channels over.

My question is, do they need three wires from the Dish 1000 to run my three receivers, or do they need three wires for the three birds the dish is looking at?

If they need the three wires for the three receivers, I will cut back to two, and have everything on two, and live what ever is left on the third receiver.

Does anyone know why I need the three leads from the dish to the switch?

Thanks

I have three receivers in my living room with three 50" plasma. Am in a condo with east and west facing exposure. Have two lines running to the West Dish 500 feeding to a switch centrally located, and two lines running from the East Dish feeding the same switch.

Dish called ME, and said I needed to change, and they came out. The imbeciles switched the West facing Dish 500 to a 1000, and then discovered it was impossible to run an additional line (there are two there which we put in when we built the unit) from the 1000 to the switch. I do not understand why they need three. They put the 500 back, put tails between legs, and left.

A couple weeks later a better tech showed up and said he cannot find a solution, but did not speak good enough English to tell me what the problem was.

Based on what he said I am really concerned, because he implied that not only would I not be able to get the new channels (which I can live with) but that I would start losing channels as they switch more channels over.

My question is, do they need three wires from the Dish 1000 to run my three receivers, or do they need three wires for the three birds the dish is looking at?

If they need the three wires for the three receivers, I will cut back to two, and have everything on two, and live what ever is left on the third receiver.

Does anyone know why I need the three leads from the dish to the switch?

Thanks

The amount of receivers has nothing to do with your problem. There are 3 satellites that you need to be able to see. Either 110, 119, 129 (western) or 77, 72.7, 61.5 (eastern). I'm not sure what the problem is with your location, but I suspect there's a line-of-sight problem preventing them from seeing all satellites.

Basically, there are 3 coax's coming from the dish(es). One for each LNB. These coaxes go to a switch. From the switch, coax's go to your receivers. In most cases that will be one or two coax's to each receiver. Again, I don't think this has anything to do with coax's going to your receiver, but rather their ability to unify your system such that you're seeing all three birds at one time (either full eastern arc or full western arc).

No, they can get all three with the 100, but they said they did not have enough lines going to the switch (and there is no way to add them after the build out). Of course, they may not have known what they were doing...

No, they can get all three with the 100, but they said they did not have enough lines going to the switch (and there is no way to add them after the build out). Of course, they may not have known what they were doing...

You need one line from the antenna to each receiver if the receivers are Dish Pro receivers. If they are dual tuners, a separator can be used so you still need only one line. The 1000.2 has a built-in switch capable of driving 3 receivers all by itself. It sounds as though there is a switch somewhere inside your unit. That switch should be able to be bypassed/eliminated as it isn't necessary now. They may have been using it to combine the sat signals on the east and west antennas together. I don't know as I'm not there to trace it. You would only be able to drive two receivers with that setup though as you say you only have two lines run in from the dish. So you would have to either get rid of one receiver or just use the east dish with it. If you aren't using all your sets at once, you may be able to mirror the output from one of your receivers to a second TV and eliminate a receiver.

You give me hope Laddy, am not sure why the techs did not figure that out here, but they were pretty confused. FYI, it seems to me that the switch is combining the East 61.5 signal with the two 110 and 110 from the West, and three lines go to the three receivers from the switch.

I appreciate your thoughts, and am going to dig in with Dish...

You give me hope Laddy, am not sure why the techs did not figure that out here, but they were pretty confused. FYI, it seems to me that the switch is combining the East 61.5 signal with the two 110 and 110 from the West, and three lines go to the three receivers from the switch.

I appreciate your thoughts, and am going to dig in with Dish...

That would be my guess. I magine the techs just didn't understand what you wanted. I think the third receiver probably influenced their thinking somewhat.

Thank you Laddy. Talked to Dish Tech on phone today, and they can put the switch out by the dish, and run two receivers with the two lines from the outside switch to two of the three receivers in my living room. They will change the East facing dish to a 1000 also, and use that to run the third receiver in the living room, so I will be in action with all receivers on all channels on all dishes. It will be no charge on the one upgrade and $ 95 for the East facing upgrade, am happy to pay as it was looking bleak for a while after two awkward visits by Dish techs.

Thank you Laddy. Talked to Dish Tech on phone today, and they can put the switch out by the dish, and run two receivers with the two lines from the outside switch to two of the three receivers in my living room. They will change the East facing dish to a 1000 also, and use that to run the third receiver in the living room, so I will be in action with all receivers on all channels on all dishes. It will be no charge on the one upgrade and $ 95 for the East facing upgrade, am happy to pay as it was looking bleak for a while after two awkward visits by Dish techs.

They do not need an external switch on the west one, the 1000.2, since it already has a switch built-in. Ditto the east one, the 1000.4. I hope this is just miscommunication. Otherwise I'm not sure they really know what they're doing.

What a mess! For those who haven't been following this thread, Sixthgear has 3 HD receivers (he hasn't said which ones) in the same location (living room) and formerly had mixed arc 61.5/110/119 via two dishes out each end of a condo operating through a switch (also un-named), which is probably a DP34. As those of us with mixed-arc know, he wasn't getting all the HD he was supposed to, since new channels have been going onto 72.7 since Feb 10th. The wrinkle in this equation is that he only has 2 coaxes coming in from each dish and can't add a 3rd. So a single 1000.2 in the west OR a single 1000.4 in the east won't cut it (or so he's been told). Did I get that right?

The proposed solution is to get his western D500 upgraded to a 1000.2 to feed 2 receivers, and then buy a 1000.4 for the east to feed the 3rd receiver. That's nasty. My concern is that your HD locals are only one one arc or the other, so some subset of receivers won't be getting those channels.

Where are your locals? What is your DMA or zip?

According to your list channels 365HD and 285HD were launched-after speaking with Dish that they did not show up on my guide nor elsewhere, I was told they were not activated. Is this true? That would be the IndiePlex and Retroplex channels.
as of May 27th?

According to your list channels 365HD and 285HD were launched-after speaking with Dish that they did not show up on my guide nor elsewhere, I was told they were not activated. Is this true? That would be the IndiePlex and Retroplex channels.
as of May 27th?
I think those are on 378 and 379.

You meant to say 61.5, 110, 119 for a hybrid setup. Yes, that's what they used to install here in Cleveland area in the past. And that old setup no longer brings all the new channels.

I must say, I am very happy with the new channels that I now get with the new Eastern Arc dish. Even though with my plan (Absolute HD) I've got only 5 new channels (Epix1, Epix2, Retro, Indy and Shorts). But for me those five are well worth the $15! This is the kind of content I was missing on Dish.

Yep. Brain f- err, "senior moment." I fumble fingered it.

Right now I get 61.5, 105, 110 and 119 (105 I think has nothing in my plan or Dish). That is with a 1000 (original). Actually the 119 is with a seperate dish as where Dish installed this they though they would miss the trees, but didn't. I wanted them to use the spot Direct used prior to that which saw 119, but they knew better. Anyway, that location is my 61.5 dish.

The program I have is HD only with locals. SD's come along if they are the SD version of the HD channel. But the name of the plan has changed. What is minimum program (HD only) that I need to get FoxNews? I assume I will need the 1000.4 dish as I am in NEPA and can't see 129.

Later: I looked at my statement and I have DIshHD-Absolute w/Locals I also read the pdf on the 9 new channels and don't see FoxNews HD there so I have to find what package that is in. I really don't want more than HD and locals. I mainly use OTA for Local but the loss of Guides on OTA if I don't have the locals sucks.

Last edited:
Right now I get 61.5, 105, 110 and 119 (105 I think has nothing in my plan or Dish). ..............
Later: I looked at my statement and I have DIshHD-Absolute w/Locals I also read the pdf on the 9 new channels and don't see FoxNews HD there so I have to find what package that is in. I really don't want more than HD and locals. I mainly use OTA for Local but the loss of Guides on OTA if I don't have the locals sucks.

I can't edit the message, but I figured out from other threads what I need. FoxNews comes in with the lowest Dish America package, but one service I can't live withut during hockey season is VERSUS and that is not available until the top package. That is less than $10 more than what I have now and I saved more than that on my phone service yesterday, so it fits into my budget.

I can't edit the message, but I figured out from other threads what I need. FoxNews comes in with the lowest Dish America package, but one service I can't live withut during hockey season is VERSUS and that is not available until the top package. That is less than $10 more than what I have now and I saved more than that on my phone service yesterday, so it fits into my budget.

Fox News is not in the Dish America package, only the regular Top 200 and above. None of the Fox HD (Fox News, Fox Business, FX, Speed), MTV1, VH1, Nick, BET, MSNBC, or the HD added in the past year currently comes with the Dish America packages.

Fox News is not in the Dish America package, only the regular Top 200 and above. None of the Fox HD (Fox News, Fox Business, FX, Speed), MTV1, VH1, Nick, BET, MSNBC, or the HD added in the past year currently comes with the Dish America packages.
\\

It shows on the June 3rd list in the regular Dish Americal *NEW* list. VERSUS shows in the top Dish America list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)