0x0255 callerid discussion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hoos51

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
I remember you posting your caller ID was not working. I received the 255 update today and mine was not working either.

I turned notices on and then off again and now it is working.

Seems weird but it works in the notices off position.

Good Luck

Gary

I remember you posting your caller ID was not working. I received the 255 update today and mine was not working either.

I turned notices on and then off again and now it is working.

Seems weird but it works in the notices off position.

Good Luck

Gary

Gary, I just looked at mine when I saw your post and curiously, I found that I got a call on Monday and a call yesterday evening, at least it saw it, but I just got a call about 20 minutes ago and it didn't come thru, so I'm bafffled.
I know the CID service is working because it shows on my phone.

I will do a bit more testing , now that you brought it up !

EDIT:
I tried a few things, I emptied my call list , that did not help btw, I really didn't think it would, but you never know.
I pretty much think it's in thier hands, when the new code is written in with the CID for the HR20-700 it will work, until then, I'll do without. Now , If you also have a HR20-700 and yours is working, then we have other issues.... That said, I don't consider this to be a bug or trouble issue with D* as I look at it as a convenience, nothing to do with PQ.

Jimbo

Last edited:
I have the HR20-700 and my CID is working 100%. For what it's worth, my "landline" is actually coming from my Vonage Telephone Adapter, not Ma Bell out of the wall.

I sure am. I will check my settings later and post here after the wife and kids go to bed and the TV will once again be MINE, ALL MINE!! :)

Okay, see screenshots below of the CID setting screens and notices, and one to show version of firmware.

Hope this helps in some way. :)

Attachments

• CID screenshots 003.jpg
    CID screenshots 003.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 119
  • CID screenshots 004.jpg
    CID screenshots 004.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 122
  • CID screenshots 005.jpg
    CID screenshots 005.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 117
  • CID screenshots 006.jpg
    CID screenshots 006.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 115
Okay, see screenshots below of the CID setting screens and notices, and one to show version of firmware.

Hope this helps in some way. :)

Atp,
Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting you at all ...:D

After looking at your shots you and I are on the same software and all.

I will check again after tonights CE and see if it's working.
The odd thing is that my CID screen shows that I HAVE gotten a few calls in the last few days, but not all of them are showing up, and I have not see any of them on the screen latley.

I really like the CID funtion on the TV, but if it's not going to work for me .... I'm not sending the box back because of it, the box has worked very well and I DO NOT want to have to change to a HR21 ... I NEED my OTA set up just the way it is.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts