MRV Discussion

Doubt that's going to happen since the hardware roadmap that they've shown in a couple financial calls has them going to a all HD hardware platform, no SD boxes.

So you don't see this happening on the R22?

So you don't see this happening on the R22?

Don't know about that one since the R22 is kind of a 'funny' box since it's supposedly nothing by a HR22 with the HD disabled in it via software. There's a rumor that one day D* will just send out a software 'patch' to enable the HD capability in the box making it a HR22.

Most people with HD have a single set. Others sets are SD. This is a product that will be useful to very few people outside of online forums. I personally have no interest in buying a new hdtv for my bedroom. I don't need it. With E their dvrs would downrez hd shows to an additional SD receiver.

Not transfer.. watch... we're mixing words... and never said 'transfer'. bottom line, u can watch hd recordings on an additional SD tv.

You are correct you did not say transfer but you also did not say additional SD TV you said receiver and that can not be done today.

One question for those that have tried MRV on H21... can you watch a program that is currently recording? Or does it have to be a completed recording?

One question for those that have tried MRV on H21... can you watch a program that is currently recording? Or does it have to be a completed recording?

I have not tried that and my guess is that it would NOT work as I am still not seeing new programs from the "master receiver" unless I reboot the "remote" receivers. Has anyone had any luck with this?

I have not tried that and my guess is that it would NOT work as I am still not seeing new programs from the "master receiver" unless I reboot the "remote" receivers. Has anyone had any luck with this?

So then this is still a MAJOR issue and I would hope tops on the bug-fix list! Rebooting just to see new programs is NOT an option.

It appears that if you have a folder for more than two TV's shows, it will pick up new recordings if you leave those folders closed on the unit. I no longer can veryfy this now that the network settings keep getting cleared on me now.

Are there plans so that MRV enabled boxes could share and off-load recording queues?

Lets say I have 2 HR boxes and 1 has both tuners in use, but I have a show set to record, could it offload that recording request to the other box?

I'm trying to decide between uverse and directv. My last differentiator is total home / MRV. I'm not sure if this us anti-CE etiquette, but I had a question that I couldn't seem to answer from these threads.

Can two HD DVRs MRV between eachother? Does the recorded items list group together all of the recordings from all DVRs or do you have to select the DVR first and then browse its recordings? Finally, is there cooperative scheduling (ie record three shows at the same time in the living room and one is automatically sent to the bedroom TV)?

Hopefully I didn't break too many forum rules. Thanks for your time!

I'm trying to decide between uverse and directv. My last differentiator is total home / MRV. I'm not sure if this us anti-CE etiquette, but I had a question that I couldn't seem to answer from these threads.

Can two HD DVRs MRV between eachother? Does the recorded items list group together all of the recordings from all DVRs or do you have to select the DVR first and then browse its recordings? Finally, is there cooperative scheduling (ie record three shows at the same time in the living room and one is automatically sent to the bedroom TV)?

Hopefully I didn't break too many forum rules. Thanks for your time!

#1 - At this time it's only with the HD DVR's as a server and the H21-100 and H21-200 as a client. It's expected that the rest of the non-HD DVR boxes will also get it next and then the HD DVR can act as a client and a server, but no time frame on any of this.

#2 - Current implementation is you select the HD DVR server from a list and then see what programs are on that DVR.

#3 - No cooperative scheduling now and don't know if it will ever be implemented. But DirecTV did by the Replay patents, which did have it, so who knows, maybe we'll get lucky.

So then this is still a MAJOR issue and I would hope tops on the bug-fix list! Rebooting just to see new programs is NOT an option.

Have you tried just doing a re-sort on the playlist, I think that might do it.

Are there plans so that MRV enabled boxes could share and off-load recording queues?

Lets say I have 2 HR boxes and 1 has both tuners in use, but I have a show set to record, could it offload that recording request to the other box?

That would be fantastic. I really hope directv implements your idea. With networked DVRs they could be setup to be seen as a single 4+ tuner machine.

I finally got this going last night with Rad's help. what a cool feature. i know there is audio and video issues but at times it worked perfectly for a few minutes. I hope D continues to work on this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)