0x1E? tonight or tomorrow for HR20?

First off, thank you Lord Darth Vader for your support of the work Earl and I do helping the CE process.

Secondly, thank you JTN for your support of the CSR tier. I talk to many of them, I know they try very hard to help customers. That is one of the things I like very much about DIRECTV; their strong focus on the customers.

Perhaps there is a middle ground of thought. The CSRs aren't incapable of learning about the CE process, but they are very busy learning about all the new systems, features, and channels everyday. Training many thousands of CSRs in many call centers about the CEs for all the systems (more than 10 CE cycles!) is probably more cost than DIRECTV would like to invest right now. They are working very hard on improving the CSR training in other areas (first?).

My fear is that the CE process very well might become totally private and by invite only. That is one of the options DIRECTV might choose, it is of course their decision to make. That they have chosen to start with Earl and subsequently include the DBStalk staff is quite an honor.

That they have included Scott and Satelliteguys in other ways is also quite an honor to the staff and many readers and posters here. Good job, gang!

So I really don't fear for myself that the CE process would go private. I suspect I will still be included. I really would be saddened if the people here and DBStalk got excluded from the fun and challenges with beta testing. I don't work hard at DBStalk (and occasionally here and DIRECTVs forums) for the pay (nothing!), I want to help users. I'm also glad to be helping DIRECTV--that indirectly helps more users like my dad who doesn't participate in the CE (not yet at least) but does benefit like all DIRECTV customers.

At this point, DIRECTV has asked that we don't contact the CSR tier about CE problems. That is their rules, not DBTalks, Earl's, mine, or anyone's outside of DIRECTV. And from Scott's posts, I suspect it's not his rules either. :) We all are just here to help.

Happy Holidays, everyone,
Tom Robertson

i for one enjoy the ce process. i read the rules and agreed when i continued. that was made quite clear from the very start. the improvements have made me like the hr20 more and more. had a few bugs along the way but just went back to the national release. for those that have had boxes crap out, what made them do that ? if this was something that alot of people would have experienced i think we would all have been made aware of it, both here and at dbstalk.

Let me tell you something . You think 1 person or 2 people calling had any effect on the CE process and the complaints. I doubt that 100%. It must have been a huge number of people with problems,That again DBStalk is not responsible for. Called D* because they couldn't watch a service they paid for. Lets have Earl's 1 800 number so we can call him when the equipment fails.

Doubt away. I will enjoy the CE program. I have particapated in ever cycle and have not had any issues yet.

I for one enjoy it too. I read the rules, and agreed with them at the beginning.
No issues for the entire process here either. Been there since day 1 on the HR20. It's alot easier and less time consuming to find the "fixes" on DBSTalk or here than dealing with the CSR's anyway.
That's all I'll comment about it from this point out........

Nailed that.

Me thinks someone with the initials "jtn" got banned from DBSTalk.

Yep. I thought things have been going well lately until this stuff got brought up again. I dont have much time anymore for this forum or even the CE process and hate spending what I do have on this stuff.

CSR's are not to be construed as idiots, some believe by generalizing they all are useless, when in fact they are well informed and want to do the best they can for the customer, and can! So Beta or not, they can help. They helped me. With a cherry on top.
:)

But they can only help in areas that they have been informed of, D* probably wants to keep it that way.
Thats why when you DO call in you generally know MORE than the CSR does already.

Jimbo

Sorry but your dead wrong about your opinion of CSR's at DirecTV.

Were you born clueless or were you raised that way?

Do you honestly think every CSR in every large corporation knows everything about what goes on? Hell no!

Microsoft has a separate team that deals with beta testing and other nonpublic stuff. Their CSRs don't deal with that and therefore aren't knowledgeable about that end of the business. Why? Because it's not their job to know!

It's the same thing for DirecTV's CSRs. Their CSRs do NOT have the knowledge of the CE process. Why don't they? Because it's a nonpublic, beta testing process that is handled by a part of DirecTV much higher up than the lower level CSRs. That's a fact, one that your inability to understand will not change.

0x1DE is downloading okay?

Were you born clueless or were you raised that way?

Do you honestly think every CSR in every large corporation knows everything about what goes on? Hell no!

Microsoft has a separate team that deals with beta testing and other nonpublic stuff. Their CSRs don't deal with that and therefore aren't knowledgeable about that end of the business. Why? Because it's not their job to know!

It's the same thing for DirecTV's CSRs. Their CSRs do NOT have the knowledge of the CE process. Why don't they? Because it's a nonpublic, beta testing process that is handled by a part of DirecTV much higher up than the lower level CSRs. That's a fact, one that your inability to understand will not change.
0x1DE is now downloading this Friday Dec 14,2007

I know. Got the announcement earlier today and about halfway through right now.

Everyone: Do NOT call DirecTV if you experience ANY problems!!!

DirecTV loves talking to me, so If there are problems to fix they need to know about them to make the customers happy, whom by the way pay for services. 0x1DE is available now this Friday Dec 14,2007

Looks like a new CE is coming down possibly tonight 12/21/2007 (Friday) @11PM through 2:30AM and/or tomorrow 12/22/2007 (Saturday) at same time.

0x1E? based on Doug Brotts site, there is an internal test (highlighted in red) of 0x1E2. So likely the last digit will be higher.

This is for the HR20-700 model.

Last edited:
Looks like a new CE is coming down possibly tonight 12/21/2007 (Friday) @11PM through 2:30AM and/or tomorrow 12/22/2007 (Saturday) at same time.

0x1E? based on Doug Brotts site, there is an internal test (highlighted in red) of 0x1E2. So likely the last digit will be higher.

This is for the HR20-700 model.

I got an email yesterday but at that time, the HR20-700 was NOT a part of it.
Will the send out another one, or has it been updated ???

Jimbo

No, it has not been updated saying either HR20 has a CE tonight. Don't know where he came up with this.

Just because it shows up there doesn't mean a CE will happen, still need to flip a flag to make it available to install. Until the CE announcment comes out we won't know if it will make it or not and so far no announcment.

Just because it shows up there doesn't mean a CE will happen, still need to flip a flag to make it available to install. Until the CE announcment comes out we won't know if it will make it or not and so far no announcment.

Well why didn't you just say that in the first place? BTW it will happen tonight or tomorrow. Sorry to disappoint you.
:eek:

Looks like your correct, they just sent out the announcement with more details to come.

Today, 05:54 PM #4
Tom Robertson
"Let There Be Football!"
User# 15123 Both HR20s and R15-500 have CE's scheduled for this weekend. I'll update this post with the cross-links to the announcements as soon as they are ready.

Be sure to double check your full model number before forcing a download

Download Windows Are:
Friday, December 21, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, December 22, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
HR20
HR20-100 - 0x1E? Announcement 85% Probability
HR20-700 - 0x1E? Announcement 85% Probability

HR21 FRIDAY NITE ONLY
HR21-700 {CE:03:04} - 0x1E1 Announcement 85% Probability

H20
H20-100 Not Scheduled at this time
H20-600 {CE:09:03} - 0x403E Announcement 80% Probability

H21
H21-200 {CE:02:06} - 0x403E Announcement 80% Probability

D10/11/12
D11-100 {CE:08:01} - 0x1071 Announcement 80% Probability

R15
R15-500 {CE:09:03} - 0x11?? Rescheduled 85% Probability
No other R15s are scheduled at this time.

DBSTalk.Com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts