1.0 meter dish for 110, 119 and 129 combo?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phpinfo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
USA
My FTA dishes are behind a shed away from the house, but on my house I have three dishes mounted. One for Dish SD, one for Dish HD and one for Starband.

I have seen modified Starband dishes before, for 110, 119 and when Starband was on 129. Here are some pics I found:

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

I want to know if anyone has tried combining all these on a 1.0 meter Primestar dish. I would like to get rid of the three dishes and just have one down on the ground. I would need to be able to pick up 110, 119, 121 and 129 on one dish. Is this possible? How would one go about mounting and positioning the LNBs?

Quick follow up. This doesn't necessarily have to be for Starband. If anyone has combined 119, 110 and 129 on a 1.0 meter (if possible) let me know. I am sure if you could do those three, then you could add an lnb for 121.

I know you won't get 119 and 121 on the same dish without modification to the LNBF

I could get 119/123/129 using a Geosatpro bullet LNBF.
However 119 suffered as it usually was out of focus.
In the picture attached, 119 is missing but it was on the right of the large feed horn jammed tightly.
I can't seem to find any pictures of my 129/123/119 setup.

Wescopc needed a 1.2 meter and still had to shave 5mm off 2 Geosatpro LNBF to get 123/125

I haven't messed with fixed dishes for a bit to try getting TC8PSK with an offset 119 LNB

The other catch with the Starband 129 kit pictured above is that the DishNet LNBF have rectangle mounts and are considered legacy. The bracket holding them up would not take DishPro LNBF.
I'm worried you have more than one receiver

================================================

Re-reading your question again, you are asking about setting up the Starband 75e for only DishNet, and trying to pick up 110/119/129 adding 121W where possible.

If I had the 121 SuperDish LNBF I'd say you could get really close.

But just picking up 129/119/110 should be a breeze on that dish.

Items I'm assuming you're using.

1. DishPro dual-tuner receiver
  2. 3x DishPro LNBF
  3. DPx4
  4. Starband 75e without Tx/Rx assembly

I'd remove the plastic housing from what will be the 119 LNB.
If you are worried about looks (from the street), you will need to saw off the plastic surrounding the throat. Not the Feedhorn cover, though. Think about this further you will not want to remove more that the bottom half of the throat cover. This will prevent the feed from rotating and give an almost even height for the other 2 LNBF

Using some metal strap like conduit-hanger, place and strap down the 119 LNB where the original feed horn went.

Attaching the other 2 LNBF will require some thought as to how to do it and make it look nice, if need be.
If it just needs to be funtional, whip out some zipties and strap the LNBF to the 119 LNBF at least once on the back. You may need to use a "thin" inflexable bar to strap the tops of the LNBs to.

One more thing- both the 110 and 129 will need to be slightly higher than the 119 LNB

Finally Skew the dish when setting up.
Dish pointer will have the 1000.2 setup option under "multi LNB" if you need a little help on how much skew to give.

Attachments

• 1218081421a.jpg
    1218081421a.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I know the super dishes can pick up 119/110/129 and so should the 75e.

I have a 1.0m Primestar (round) that I would like to get 119/110/129/121 since Starband is now on 121. It used to be on 129.

Has anyone used a 1.0m round for 119/110/129? - And you say it would be hard to add the Starband LNB for 121 without serious modification?

Thanks for the reply. I know the super dishes can pick up 119/110/129 and so should the 75e.

I have a 1.0m Primestar (round) that I would like to get 119/110/129/121 since Starband is now on 121. It used to be on 129.

Has anyone used a 1.0m round for 119/110/129? - And you say it would be hard to add the Starband LNB for 121 without serious modification?
*bleep* lost my post. Closed one tab too many.
Sorry if I'm short, I just lost a decent amount of good info in a well written post.

I saw you have a DishProPlus setup in a older thread of yours.
That makes it hard to combine all 3 on one dish cleanly with what you have.

If you are fighting rain fade, I'd repeak the Dish500 myself starting with a simple push-pull-east-west on the LNBF.

I would definitely add 129 to the Starband Dish. However it is going to be a pain to get it in place, mounted securely AND NOT MOVE ANYTHING ON THE STARBAND DISH.
Write down all of the "error numbers" in your Starband modem on the appropriate webpage.
I haven't messed with my Starband modem since I got it, so I have no idea what or where they are. I'm thinking of Cross-polarization, BER, etc.

129 will be harder to get right since it is 8PSK-TC.
The only info I need right now is: Was the Starband dish skewed or was the LNB skewed?

If the Dish is skewed that makes adding the 129 LNB easy.
If the LNB is skewed you may want to just leave things how they are.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)