1:20Am 2/01/2005 Voom is Dead? No.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ram1220

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
Allen, Texas
Watching HBO and all Voom channels just went dead. I get a message to call Voom because my box is no longer active. I guess this is our answer.

Bob

This company is F'ing outrageous. I just called Voom to see if they actually shut down. The CSR said no but they were just getting around to turning off my service that I had requested 4 months ago. After waiting over 2 months for Voom to pick up the box I hooked it back up and I had service. I then contacted the idiots at Voom and brought the account current. So now over a month later they cut off my service just now saying I requested it 4 months ago. This is after I have brought the account current. He wanted over $200 to turn the service back on. It's no wonder this company is getting ready to shut down. These people are complete idiots. I have never dealt with a company that was as incompetent as Voom.
Good luck to all of you with this labotamy called Voom. This is the last straw for me and I'm done with them.

Bob

You asked them to disconect your service, and they disconected it, whats so hard to figure out.

I quess i could have said better late then never.

Sorry, just trying to find some humor in this fiasco!!!! I can see you are not in the laughing mood tonight so i will let dead dogs lie!!!

You confused them. Thats a big no no. They cant handle two things at the same time without disastrous results. If you want voom back, I'd pretend you were a completely different customer and get new service. If you try to get back on with explaining what has happened, they'll probably turn you in to homeland security.
With voom cs, keep it simple, real simple!!!

ram change name of thread

Ram change name of thread. First get your own act together regarding voom whether you want it or not, before blaming them for turning you off for something you wanted anyhow. I am still getting voom, it Is NOT DEAD.

Wait till voom is gone and then see what happens to the state of HD in america, you will cry for voom. Direct tv is only focusing on HD locals, no one cares about adding other HD channels only voom. A lot of us love voom and especially in these trying times, appreciate voom even more. So please rename your thread. voom is very much alive

ram1220 said:
This company is F'ing outrageous. I just called Voom to see if they actually shut down. The CSR said no but they were just getting around to turning off my service that I had requested 4 months ago. After waiting over 2 months for Voom to pick up the box I hooked it back up and I had service. I then contacted the idiots at Voom and brought the account current. So now over a month later they cut off my service just now saying I requested it 4 months ago. This is after I have brought the account current. He wanted over $200 to turn the service back on. It's no wonder this company is getting ready to shut down. These people are complete idiots. I have never dealt with a company that was as incompetent as Voom.
Good luck to all of you with this labotamy called Voom. This is the last straw for me and I'm done with them.

Bob

Boo hoo?

you wanted them to shut your service off, they finally did and you are STILL complaining?

Can people try and go one day without bitching about the VOOM service?
God, I have never seen a bigger group of whining, complaining, crybabies, then seem to come to this forum...

If you hate Voom, do yourself AND everyone who comes here a favor and just cancel them; If you are hopeful about the future, and want to exchange helpful ideas, suggestions,and comments, then please stay here...

Life isn't always perfect; DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!

Feb. 1st 2005. Voom still rocks. Great PQ and Service. Voom IS NOT DEAD!

Oh, sorry, I thought this was a Voom thread, not an "Arguments for sterilization" thread.

wase4711 said:
you wanted them to shut your service off, they finally did and you are STILL complaining?

God, I have never seen a bigger group of whining, complaining, crybabies, then seem to come to this forum...

If you hate Voom, do yourself AND everyone who comes here a favor and just cancel them; If you are hopeful about the future, and want to exchange helpful ideas, suggestions,and comments, then please stay here...

I second this quote.

richard_rd said:
You asked them to disconect your service, and they disconected it, whats so hard to figure out.

I quess i could have said better late then never.

Sorry, just trying to find some humor in this fiasco!!!! I can see you are not in the laughing mood tonight so i will let dead dogs lie!!!

I'm sorry. I was really really tired. And to top it off an F150 parked right next to my truck in my apt. parking lot burst into flames just before this with Voom.
I did tell them over a month ago to cancel the disconnect when I paid the account. But you're right. I was cranky and tired.

calikarim said:
Ram change name of thread. First get your own act together regarding voom whether you want it or not, before blaming them for turning you off for something you wanted anyhow. I am still getting voom, it Is NOT DEAD.

Wait till voom is gone and then see what happens to the state of HD in america, you will cry for voom. Direct tv is only focusing on HD locals, no one cares about adding other HD channels only voom. A lot of us love voom and especially in these trying times, appreciate voom even more. So please rename your thread. voom is very much alive

I have my act together and I had straightened the whole thing out with Voom. At least I thought so. Voom is the one that needs to get their act together, not I.

wase4711 said:

Why don't you reread my post. I said I canceled the disconnect and settled the account. And over a month later they then turn me off. I'm tired of people like you.

calikarim said:
no one cares about adding other HD channels only voom.
That extends to most program providers at this time as well. Some are making plans for future HD, but few have gone HD. The only true HD seems to be companies that do nothing else - and Voom does a decent job of creating HD channels, most of the DBS service is their production.

Non-local channels are only beginning to appear and many are mainly upconverts.

What is HD? One channel of each movie network (delayed for the west coast feeds), Discovery-HD, Universal-HD, TNT-HD, ESPN-HD, ESPN-HD2 and select programming from regional sports networks.
But thanks to the laws, the network feeds must come from locals - and that is where D* and E* are planning on going. As good as "cable networks" are, people still need their locals for the best content.

V*'s approach of providing locals OTA is interesting. But once D* and E* get the signals up, the quality will be better than most OTA can hope to be.

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)