1/28/2009 4:47pm Uplink Activity Report - 85 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Good idea, I think I am gonna give that a try

2 JAX, FL HD (ABC/NBC) locals were added in November. I went to Eastern Arc shortly thereafter. I contacted the other 2 network stations (CBS/FOX) and the big Independant, to see when Dish would add them in HD. I was told that they all have signed agreements in place with dish and have had for some time. Each one wishes that Dish would their HD on the air asap.

Bottom line here is its not always the local stations that hold things up.

Can we add an FAQ sticky with P. Smith's caveats (i.e. based on system tables and may not actually reflect uplinked channels), keep it called an "uplink" report and be done with it?
No need .... just ignore him when he has to correct everything that's understood by everyone else.

Well darn....how soon after you "move" can you "move" again? I may have to consider Panama City Fla. Where can I go to see the spotbeams?
I seem to recall driving through Dotham on the way to PCB and you're not that far. I'll venture to say you're within PCB's spotbeam without any worries.

One of these days I'll post a video and/or screenshots of the uplink tool in action, explaining what happens. Sort of an inside tour of the uplink tool. That's if enough people are interested in that type of thing.

That would be cool.

Thanks for your (and JohnH's) hard work. :up

Without bursting any bubbles, my own included, Dish is "uplinking" a lot of locals to this new satellite yet how many of them were listed as even being possibilities of being carried previously ? Dish has normally listed the cities they planned to carry in HD for a given year.

I hate to think that some of these cities that they're testing on this new satellite are nothing more than that, tests !

Without bursting any bubbles, my own included, Dish is "uplinking" a lot of locals to this new satellite yet how many of them were listed as even being possibilities of being carried previously ? Dish has normally listed the cities they planned to carry in HD for a given year.

I hate to think that some of these cities that they're testing on this new satellite are nothing more than that, tests !

I know in the Reno DMA, Dish has been talking to the local stations about the digital signals. They were just waiting to get the uplink fiber and lease space for the equipment in place to feed the uplink center from Reno.

One of these days I'll post a video and/or screenshots of the uplink tool in action, explaining what happens. Sort of an inside tour of the uplink tool. That's if enough people are interested in that type of thing.

I would be very interested in watching some sort of video or screencast, but I cannot promise that I will understand anything...

The Champaign-Decatur-Springfield, Illinois, DMA has not been on any lists published recently by DISH. That being said, the following was published in the "Ask the Manager" forum on the website of WCIA (CBS) / WCFN (MyTV). (The response is from Russ Hamilton, station manager.)

Illinoishomepage.net :: View topic - Dish Network picking up Locals
Mitch100 Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:57 pm Post subject: Dish Network picking up Locals
Mr. Manager,
Do you know if Dish Network plans on picking up locals HD for our market? I know you may not be able to give some answers because of contractual reasons, but I was wondering if you'd be able to give any insight.

Love your station!

Mitch

rhamilton Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:33 pm
It is my understanding that those contracts have been negotiated and they can pick up our HD signal whenever they are ready. I believe they have to make some equipment changes and those have not be completed.

This gives credibility to the uplink report that, even though not previously announced by DISH, these DMAs are, in fact, going live.

I've been told similarly by the local NBC.... That whenever Dish is ready, the "deal", at least for this station, is already done.

Digiblur and the uplink gang can put it in any form they like with any header they like and I will be happy. I don't think some understand the manhours involved in doing this work.
I think someone understand, especially running better client in real time, not that 'taking samples'. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)