Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTA4PA

Satellite Guys Family
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 13, 2013
Central Pennsylvania
I am thinking of upgrading my 90cm ku setup, before winter sets in, to a 1.2 meter GEOSATpro dish. I have a Stab HH100, which I use for my Fortec Star 90cm and would really like to not have to replace it if at all possible. Has any one ever used the Stab HH100 motor with a 1.2m dish? I ask this because the ratings for the HH100 are for a dish up to 1.1 meters and a weight capacity of 12kgs. The GEOSATpro 1.2 meter dish is only 1/10 of a meter more and weighs 12.25kg (only 1/4kg more than the rating for the HH100). Hard to believe the HH100 could take the those max ratings but would fail with just the tiny bit more the 1.2 would give it. One thing I can see that would matter would be motor speed of the HH100, which is higher than the Stab HH120 (which is recommended for 1.2m dishes). The force of moving the dish from a stopped position at a higher speed could be harder on the inner workings. So, has anyone ever done this? What were your results? Other ideas? Thanks!

:DDish is about 140' away from house and behind the shed so no worries about standing under it! Just wanted to know if would work (even if only on a temporary basis). Thanks Titanium!:)

Not smart to push any device to its specs. Always best to have a margin. Or you'll find it breaks at the worst time: middle of winter when the snow is blowing.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts