1.2m with Conical - Support Arm length

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bill_bly_ca

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Ontario Canada
I am trying to set up a 120cm dish foe C-band dish as a second fixed dish for Anik F3. My 6' dish pointed at intelsat805 is one of those fixed cheap 6' and I would like to supplement some of the Univision channels there to our current line up. I am guessing Anik F3 is strong enough to Southern Ontario for a 1.2M dish and conical ring.

The exercise is complicated because the side support bars for the LNB bar were not supplied by the seller and they can not seem to locate replacements. It is worse for them as they have 3 in stock that they can not sell as all 4 they received did not have arms.. It has been 8 months now of "Nope still no new arms" so I am going to make them myself.

Reading further in the specs of the dish it quotes the focus point as "720mm". Does this mean I can measure from center of dish (Center of the 4 bolt pattern) and measure 72cm to the face of the LNB and that will be able to measure the proper length for the support bars from there?

Conversely.. If anyone has a 1.2m dish (mine is a Digiwave DWD120T) and can tell me the length of the supports so I can fabricate them myself.

If someone has the assembly prints for that specific dish it is "item #3" I need the length of.

I don't know the model # for the Digiwave 1.2M dish that I have as it is not shown anywhere. If it means anything, the length of the side support bars are 36". Here are a few pics of the dish, GL!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    377.4 KB · Views: 309
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    787.2 KB · Views: 305
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    530.1 KB · Views: 329
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 277
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 257
i am in montrteal and here that satelite is to low the signal , so if you want univision is beter to go whit 91 o 95 ther you can get then and the signal is more strong

You should start out by locating 97W on Ku band, lots of strong transponders. Find the "Sweet Spot" for focus, and measure the correct sidearm distance. You can fabricate them easy with 1/2" electrical conduit.

Then set your conical Scalar and shoot for the C band bird of interest. The side arms will now provide you with mounting spots for off-axis Ku lnbs.

Good luck!

Hello bill-bly-ca

i have a 1.2 meter dish from wsi and really good and i can get u the sizes of the arms tomorrow.

later, manny

Side arm length is 100cm ( 39 3/8" ) and the bottom one is 72cm ( 28 3/8" ) measuring from the face of the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts