1.8 Metre Prime Focus - opinion?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ftageekyyc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
I think you can do better, for less. ;)

edit: also, I wouldn't invest my time in a 6' dish , for free.
Especially not if I lived in Canada.

Doesn't look like the Paraclipse is going to happen.

It's a situation where a woman is selling for her older father and is basing the sale price on what the system cost in 1991.

I have tried to carefully explain that today is today. I have offered to send her the link to the Craigslist thread so she can do her own research.

Offered 200 to 500 depending on condition sight unseen and was shot down flat.

The hunt for a BUD continues.

I hear you, not many free or cheap buds to be had on the Canadian prairies. Most either base the price on what they paid years ago, or try to sell you something that is falling apart. I got my 6 ft mesh dish in mint condition with a 8 foot tall solid tripod and working actuator for $100 after nearly a year of searching and door knocking. A bunch of people were asking $2-3K for a rusted out dish that hadn't moved in years and an old analoge reciever because they paid that 20 years ago. I can get everything DVBS on my 6 footer and most DVBS-2 stuff that doesn't have a high FEC. I really don't get much time to play with it as its out at the lake and I'm pretty busy when I'm there.

Thanks for the info.

If you happen to trip over a 10 to 12 foot dish lying by the side of the road, and you don't take it home yourself, I'd appreciate a heads up.

Lots of friends and family in the Moose Jaw, Pense, Regina areas. Could always do a road trip.

$200 - $500 for a used BUD would be a great deal--for the seller. They passed up the best price they will ever get for that Paraclipse.

As for what they originally paid for it, I wish I could get $500 for that old Pentium 4 that I put $2000 into, but that's not gonna happen ;) ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)