1.8 Mts Prodelin 0179-189

Status
Please reply by conversation.
kind “only one in the universe” kind of thing !!
I hope, by now, this really is. I made drawing, bought material, friend of mine did TIG welding, I just put everything together and made more or less proper adjustments. Of course, it did cost some $, but, so what?

Reactions: Titanium
I need to show the pictures of this to my dad, I would like to try to make something like this. But I can’t imagine it ever looking that nice.
If I can get one made it’s gonna look a bit more hillbilly-tech than that one. I’m just amazed at how ‘factory made” it looks.
Real first class, quality work there.

Thanks! I've got SUB from Philips 90cm Gregory-type dish, from time to time they appear on e-bay, second hand of course.

Reactions: Dee_Ann
From the very beginning my goal was to get performance of offset antenna (in my case it was 1,8m Prodelin) better by making it work as a Gregory-type (with ellipsoidal sub-reflector). I've read that Gregory-type systems perform better than offset antennas as they use more effectively surface of main dish and also exclude X-pol. So, I got sub-reflector from factory made Gregory and made proper mechanical fittings. Of course, to make conclusions on which setup is working better we need to do some comparison-tests. For tests I took several LNBs:
- Inverto Black Ultra (white label, some people say that there is difference between performance of IBU with white and red label);
- IBU red label;
- IBU red label adopted by one company for antennas with 70* illumination angle;
- IBU red label 90* illumination;
- Gold LNB adopted to work with original Prodelin feedhorn;
- Invacom single attached to Gregory feedhorn;
- Octagon twin attached to Gregory feedhorn;
- IBU red attached to Gregory feedhorn;
I measured signal levels on all available in my area frequencies from Eutelsat @ 28,2*E (could be any) and put data in spreadsheet. I've got 58 transponders. Then I calculated average signal level.
So, after all this I can say that Gregory systems performing better than usual offset dish. And, secondly, by attaching sub-reflector to offset antenna is possible to get better performance of system. It is like you change 1,8m antenna to 2 meter.

IMG_20140724_112018~2 (Medium).jpg IMG_20140801_091347 (Large) (Custom).jpg IMG_20140801_133549 (Large) (Custom).jpg

Attachments

• LNB_Tests_Rimants_Plus.pdf
    67.2 KB · Views: 297
I thought there was a thread kicking around here on the same dish. I just rescued one of this exact model on Friday, though just the fiberglass dish, but unfortunately don't have the hardware that came with it. The mount on the back of the dish for the most part does look like it's made out of channel iron. If that's the case then I should be able to mount the same kind of channel iron on it which will give me something to attach a polar mount to.

I thought there was a thread kicking around here on the same dish.
Hi! And you promised in that thread to show us some pictures ;)
Prodelin 1,8m is nice dish. If you manage to install it you will be happy with it's performance, that is for sure.

I won't be over where it's at until at least this weekend. I'm supposed to be over there to frame in a wall in his basement after he blew it out to find out where the water was coming in at. It's in his backyard so I'll get some snapshots of it while I'm there. I tried to get pictures of the Prodelin on the roof at Tops but it's in such a bad place it's not feasible. But the ones in this thread are showing the exact same mount so at least that's covered. Now I'm just hoping I can get these holes patched to where it's functional and presentable. Pics are comin', don't worry. ;)

Reactions: RimaNTSS
From the very beginning my goal was to get performance of offset antenna (in my case it was 1,8m Prodelin) better by making it work as a Gregory-type (with ellipsoidal sub-reflector). I've read that Gregory-type systems perform better than offset antennas as they use more effectively surface of main dish and also exclude X-pol. So, I got sub-reflector from factory made Gregory and made proper mechanical fittings. Of course, to make conclusions on which setup is working better we need to do some comparison-tests. For tests I took several LNBs:
- Inverto Black Ultra (white label, some people say that there is difference between performance of IBU with white and red label);
- IBU red label;
- IBU red label adopted by one company for antennas with 70* illumination angle;
- IBU red label 90* illumination;
- Gold LNB adopted to work with original Prodelin feedhorn;
- Invacom single attached to Gregory feedhorn;
- Octagon twin attached to Gregory feedhorn;
- IBU red attached to Gregory feedhorn;
I measured signal levels on all available in my area frequencies from Eutelsat @ 28,2*E (could be any) and put data in spreadsheet. I've got 58 transponders. Then I calculated average signal level.
So, after all this I can say that Gregory systems performing better than usual offset dish. And, secondly, by attaching sub-reflector to offset antenna is possible to get better performance of system. It is like you change 1,8m antenna to 2 meter.

View attachment 100199 View attachment 100200 View attachment 100201

RimaNTSS I just sent you a PM about this project, when you have time please answer me back.

Thanks

I just sent you a PM about this project
I will answer here in case this is interesting to somebody else.
Firstly, I agree, Gregory type dish looks sexy!
I was really hoping to make subreflector but it turned not so easy task. On e of the options was to print it on 3D printer in metal. I even found one company which could do that, but price was cosmic! So, I've abandoned this idea. Easiest and cheapest was to find one of Gregory type dishes (they still available this side of the pond. Of course used and not very cheap even on second hand market), remove the sub from it and use on any bigger dish, for example on 1.2m Channel Master dish IMG_20150818_185103 (Large).jpg and it worked great. I bought several to have enough "meat" for experiments. Today I have installed 4 Gregory type dishes (1 PFA and 3 offsets). There is also one offset Cassegrain type dish (very rare, only one model made, not in the production anymore).

I just bought an used Prodelin 1.8 Mts. 0179-189 dish, but when I search in the Prodelin website for its specifications and/or Diagrams, they are clasified by series numbers: 1183, 1184 for example.

Please does anyone could tell me the series number for this 1.8 Mts Prodelin 0179-189?

Or could post its specifications and/or diagrams?

:confused::confused::confused:
I have a Prodelin 1,8 meter, 1194 series antenna. Unfortunately, I do not have feed rod and feed support tube. Well, the problem is that I cannot find focal point. So I am wondering whether you could help me in order to find the focal point in inch.

Attachments

• IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 176
Thank you for your reply.

Could you send me some data about Prodelin. I attached a photo.

Thanks.

Attachments

• cmholderplacement_imagesia-com_1dzuv.jpg
    cmholderplacement_imagesia-com_1dzuv.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 211
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)