HH Stab Motor settings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TexRedNK

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Dallas Tx Burbs
I have a 15 yr (or older) HH Stab motor with a 39 mm off center dish. High local winds have taken the alignment off target. The physical switch that moves the motor is defective. I installed this motor when I upgraded to a 39 dish some 10-15 yrs ago. When I send the motor to zero position and pull the power, the physical position is about 3 degrees off the zero mark on the motor.
Question 1: Is there a way to reset it back to zero via the receiver? I have a vintage Fortec Mercury II receiver.
Question 2: If I make a change in the Desig settings and save it, I think it changes the zero settings for all others sats in the motor ? Does this all change the settings in the USAL settings ? OR they separate memorys in the motor ?

Hey guys.. Been a while since I posted. I should have listed 39 mm as 39 cm.. and I did not spell some words correctly.. BUT I think you get my message. !

All USALS calculations are made from "0" position. If the motor was reset with the position not at "0", the calculated satellite positions will be incorrect. I don't recall if the Fortec Star Mercury II motor menu reset function works with Stab motors. I know the Lifetime Ultra model would reset Stab motors. You might try driving the motor to the correct "0" angle and using the Mercury II motor menu position reset function.

I use a TBS PCIE card and EBSpro software to reset DiSEqC controllers.

Resetting the motor controller chip clears all DiSEqC 1.2 stored positions and stores the current position as "0" reference, but will not affect USALS positioning as the angle is calculated for each movement rather than stored in the motor.

I have a 15 yr (or older) HH Stab motor with a 39 mm off center dish. High local winds have taken the alignment off target. .. When I send the motor to zero position and pull the power, the physical position is about 3 degrees off the zero mark on the motor.
Question 1: Is there a way to reset it back to zero via the receiver?

No! If the dish has turned on the pole due to high winds, you will have to physically turn the dish back!

Status
Please reply by conversation.