1 DVR Two TVs?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Luken8r

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
I currently have Dish Network and really like it but have some line of sight issues for the HD satellite and Im thinking of going to DirecTV. One thing that I really love about Dish is the DVR box I have. Its 100 hrs and outputs to two different TVs. I can watch the DVR shows on either TV any time. Does DirecTV have a HD box that works this way or do I need a single box for either tv?

Rats. I was afraid of that. I love the fact that I can record anything that I want on the main TV and if someone is watching something on that, i can go into the other room and watch something off the dvr :/ Are there any tivo boxes that can do what Im looking for?

I have two TV's and one DVD recorder hooked up feeding all three at the same time from the DVR. HDMI is connected to the living room HDTV, component and audio cables to the game room HDTV and Svideo and audio feeding the DVD recorder. Of course you can only select one channel. The bedroom HDTV has it's own DVR so I can watch NASCAR or the Dolphins up there so my wife can watch her movies in the living room.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)