#1 UHF Remote Questions...

pitt9496

Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
i have a 722 that i want to hide in the basement so my #1 IR remote is no longer any good. anyone know where i can purchase a #1UHF remote?

i know dish sells them but i refuse to pay $15 for shipping. i also have an extra #2UHF remote, is there anything i can do with that (flip the chip to #1)?

thanks in advance for any help...

I also had a question similar to this - if i wanted to replace the #1 IR remote with a 2nd UHF remote, what do i have to do? Can i use two UHF remotes on the same unit? Do i have to get one that's marked as #1 (assuming the UHF remotes come that way)?

thanks

Do I understand that I can use three separate remote controls, one IR for TV1, a second UHF Pro remote for TV 1, and a third UHF Pro remote for TV2, all to control one 722K? Is there a limit on how many UHF remote controls that can be used on a 722K? I seem to recall reading about pairing remotes with receivers and I have not been able to sort that out yet.

Do I understand that I can use three separate remote controls, one IR for TV1, a second UHF Pro remote for TV 1, and a third UHF Pro remote for TV2, all to control one 722K? Is there a limit on how many UHF remote controls that can be used on a 722K? I seem to recall reading about pairing remotes with receivers and I have not been able to sort that out yet.
you can use as many ir/rf for tv1 and as many rf for tv2 as you want.

I was able to flip that chip when i got home - but does flipping that chip actually do anything other then just change the number on the front of the remote? As far as i could tell, that was just a piece of plastic. There were no wires or metal contacts on it. So i didn't see how flipping that actually changes the operation of the remote.

Don't i have to go into the settings of the setop box somewhere and tell it which remote controls which output?

thanks

Last edited:
I have a VIP222 which I need to convert to Dual UHF (Pro?). Info for the VIP622 (which I also have) states ONLY a 6.3 remote will work for TV1/UHF, whereas info for the 222 has no such warning. I need to buy a UHF remote and it seems a 6.3 is correct (and NOT a 6.4) - am I right about this? Sorry for getting into this thread so late, but it seemed to be addressing my problem and I didn't want to start a new thread for something that's been so chewed over.

I spoke with a Dish tech rep just now, and here is the scoop. First, 6.3 remotes are the ones to use for 222/622. 6.4 would work, but even Dish has stopped shipping them and is using 6.3's. There is info re part numbers (143040, 148786) in the on-line how-to's, but they don't matter as long as it's a 6.3. Finally, to use a 6.3 in UHF mode for TV1 you will need the green TV1 UHF chip because there are switches operated by the chip that control the remote. Dish has them and will send you one no charge. Then both TV1 and TV2 will be controlled by their own UHF remotes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)