1 year comitment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directv user

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
Hey Guys,

What does the 1 year commitment mean. What are the penalities for canceling or reducing your service when you are under a 1 year commitment.

When I agreed to the commitment I could never see myself leaving Directv. I've since had nothing but problems getting a good signal and Sats b & c and can't belive they want to charge me another $49 to get access to the ST Hd games.

Looking at my options.

AT one time it was prorated at $12.50 a month of service you cancelled. SO if you cancelled 5 months early you owed $62.50 . Not sure what it is now.

It means exactly what it says ,you agreed to subscribe to a certain level of service for one year. If you don't have a copy of the agreement, you can get one through their website. I suspect it's because you got some free or very low priced equipment from them. If you quit mid-contract, you'll be billed for it. If you are having a reception problem, which they can't fix, I would think they'd be willing to work something out. As for the $49 fee, that's a whole other issue. I doubt it's part of your agreement and you are free not to subscribe to that package.

Directv user said:
Hey Guys,

What does the 1 year commitment mean. What are the penalities for canceling or reducing your service when you are under a 1 year commitment.

When I agreed to the commitment I could never see myself leaving Directv. I've since had nothing but problems getting a good signal and Sats b & c and can't belive they want to charge me another $49 to get access to the ST Hd games.

Looking at my options.
The best answer is read the contract that you signed, you should have been given a copy. If it is the current contract just return all of your equipment to Directv and you can get out without a penalty. Was your equipment professionally installed? If it was the dealer should be able to correct the problem or deserves the charge back from Directv for not being a professional. :)

dtv

Directv user said:
Hey Guys,

Looking at my options.

to me it means they can change it at there will, they have change mine for no reason 3 times, and i have only been with them since 12-04,now they have added another yr and nobody can tell me why, so i'm dropping them
and sending back there equipment.

cobra55 said:
to me it means they can change it at there will, they have change mine for no reason 3 times, and i have only been with them since 12-04,now they have added another yr and nobody can tell me why, so i'm dropping them
You're misunderstanding something with your bill then. DirecTV does not arbitrailly change your billing, and when they do you get adequate notice. Ignorance may be bliss, but its still ignorance, regardless of the service you subscribe to.

cobra55 said:

The most common reasons for an additional yr commitment is if any additional equipment was purchased or activated on to the account it is applied (This also includes any upgrade for locals/dvr/hd/multi-sat programming. Also, if you have ever moved and accepted the Mover's Connection it is applied.

If you due wish to cancel during the commitment it is the $12.50 for each month not completed. However, if you do not want to keep your equipment offer to send it back and the fee will usually be waived.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Best customer treatment?

Comprehensive List of D* HD MPEG2 STB's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)