10 dsr 410 on ebay

Status
Please reply by conversation.
quicky reply here...seller did contact us re: power cord. His email is working...I have told him to be sure his spam filter is not chopping y'all off. could be a quirky setting in ebay...it has happened before. enjoy your day!
wolfgirlnw

Will the Starchoice 410s work for W5??? :confused:

Yesterday there was another lot of 6 new Motorola Starchoice 410's for $150 out of Canada by the same Ebay seller as a few days ago.

Will the Starchoice 410s work for W5??? :confused:

Yesterday there was another lot of 6 new Motorola Starchoice 410's for $150 out of Canada by the same Ebay seller as a few days ago.

If the unit ID numbers are good and SRL can clear the history status they should work. Just to be sure call up SRL and ask them. Also try to get a unit ID from the seller and have SRL check it. Thats what I would do.

If the unit ID numbers are good and SRL can clear the history status they should work. Just to be sure call up SRL and ask them. Also try to get a unit ID from the seller and have SRL check it. Thats what I would do.

Thanks!

These are brand new units in boxes and it is all 6 for $150 plus shipping from Canada. Could one, being that they are new units, assume the ID is good??? :confused:

Last edited:
Another wholesale(???) lot of 10 on Ebay!

Get 10 used 410 receivers for $1199.90 Buy it Now plus $190 shipping!!! :eek:

Who says 410's are expensive and hard to find??? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

These are brand new units in boxes and it is all 6 for $150 plus shipping from Canada. Could one, being that they are new units, assume the ID is good??? :confused:

The 410 has not been made in years that means that they have been sitting around in boxes someplace. The battery that holds the unit ID has been in use for that amount of time so in short it could be a crap shoot. Only way to know is check the ID number and check the voltage on the battery to see if its heading south.

The 410 has not been made in years that means that they have been sitting around in boxes someplace. The battery that holds the unit ID has been in use for that amount of time so in short it could be a crap shoot. Only way to know is check the ID number and check the voltage on the battery to see if its heading south.

Are these like their bigger cousins the DSR9**s on battery replacement???

...Also try to get a unit ID from the seller and have SRL check it. Thats what I would do.

Great advice!

The problem with that idea is that shortly after the 2 lots were listed they were bought pretty much right away!! Both lots have been at night after business hours so no getting ahold of SRL! :(

Last edited:
Are these like their bigger cousins the DSR9**s on battery replacement???

It's not too bad to replace from what I hear, its like a 905. I may swap my battery in my 405 its a button cell like a 410 Probably almost the same inside. I could parallel a axial lead lithium on the bottom of the PCB and clip the tabs on the button cell pretty easy. The 922 is the hardest one to change the batt on.

OK, hooked it up...it was on W5 and wouldn't take a hit. realized it says X4 in the satellite menu...so I need to do a master reset, don't I? :( I'm not very confident doing these things (once bitten, twice shy about blowing up electronics!) The U/A numbers match, and all that jazz, and I called someone (can't remember if it was programming center or skyvision,) and the number is subscribable. The problem is it won't take a hit as it it showing X4 and there doesn't seem to be a menu (or is it hidden) to change to W5. Any advice or help or a manual would be EXTREMELY cherished and/or appreciated!!!! :)
Won't be able to play with it 'til the power comes back on...60mph winds here in Washington State (north of Seattle!) at least the dish didn't fall over!!!! been there, done that!!
thanks again for all the help/suggestions. maybe next year I'll get into FTA. we'll see (as Mom used to say!)
wolfgirlnw

OK, hooked it up...it was on W5 and wouldn't take a hit. realized it says X4 in the satellite menu...so I need to do a master reset, don't I? :( I'm not very confident doing these things (once bitten, twice shy about blowing up electronics!) The U/A numbers match, and all that jazz, and I called someone (can't remember if it was programming center or skyvision,) and the number is subscribable. The problem is it won't take a hit as it it showing X4 and there doesn't seem to be a menu (or is it hidden) to change to W5. Any advice or help or a manual would be EXTREMELY cherished and/or appreciated!!!! :)
Won't be able to play with it 'til the power comes back on...60mph winds here in Washington State (north of Seattle!) at least the dish didn't fall over!!!! been there, done that!!
thanks again for all the help/suggestions. maybe next year I'll get into FTA. we'll see (as Mom used to say!)
wolfgirlnw

SRL should be able to walk you through setting it up. Some of the guys here can tell you more than me. If you want to mess with it yourself. You need to do a manual entry of Freq SR etc and let it sit to get a lock for c band. Like I said just call SRL and have them walk you through it and give you a hit it will be much simpler.

I will have to call when I can get a techy person on the line, 'cause the [erspn I was talking to the other day couldn't help me. It will have to wait a day or two...still no power...approaching 24 hrs now. At least it is somewhat warm...last time 37 hrs no power, 10 dgrees for the high! :0

thanks for the help...I'll check back in a few days and let ya know how it goes.

wolfgirlnw

You can also call Skyvision and ask for Mike Kohl. I'm sure he can help you out. Mike is great :) He told me something about putting the receiver on channel 200 or 205 I think it was once and get it to update.

DSR410 with X4

wolfgirlnw
Hi, I have the same problem with my DSR410, it only get X4, did you fix your receiver? What you did?

Hi, I have the same problem with my DSR410, it only get X4, did you fix your receiver? What you did?

1 - Do a master reset. "OPTIONS 6-7-7-8- Select MR"
2 - Do a Authorization Reset (Very important must send rehit when waiting on Authorization Reset Screen) "OPTIONS 6-7-7-8- Select AR"
3- Check your Trip Counter Should go from 0 to 5 ,6 or 10 etc.... "OPTIONS 6-5 (System Status)"

Let us know :)

2 - Do a Authorization Reset (Very important must send rehit when waiting on Authorization Reset Screen) "OPTIONS 6-7-7-8- Select AR"
3- Check your Trip Counter Should go from 0 to 5 ,6 or 10 etc.... "OPTIONS 6-5 (System Status)"

Thank you for you reply, I will try this tomorrow morning, I will post the results :)

DSR410 back in bussiness

Hello, I Just want to tell everybody that I followed this steps and my receiver got back the W5 mapping.

Thank you wallyhts for your help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)