10' Kaul-tronic (KTI) Mesh Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Excellent. Would you have a photo of the mount? Is there a model number on the dish?

They tried that type of Internet here a few years ago but it never made it far enough up the mountain ridge for me to get a chance at trying it, wish it had, dial-up sucks.

Excellent. Would you have a photo of the mount? Is there a model number on the dish?

They tried that type of Internet here a few years ago but it never made it far enough up the mountain ridge for me to get a chance at trying it, wish it had, dial-up sucks.

My only other option was standard dial-up. Only had this since last Friday but it has been working flawlessly - even during a sleet storm last night (speeds did decrease though). Used: http://www.att.com/speedtest/ Installer said these antennas have a range of 25 miles, but I'm skeptical after seeing the dB readings he was getting on my install. As for the model number, my paperwork calls it an Orbitron C-Ten. I'm thinking maybe there is another Orbitron model called the 'C-10'???

orb_mount_zpsuzrum9nb.jpg

splash_zpsadvedlv4.jpg

Well, I've yet to see a polar mount looking like mine... Nice looking dishes people.. :)

As long as it tracks the arc! Who cares!
Might want to lube up all the joints that rub metal-to-metal when changing sats. Takes the load off the actuator. Just 'Mystery Oiled' my dish last weekend - made a difference!

As long as it tracks the arc! Who cares!
Might want to lube up all the joints that rub metal-to-metal when changing sats. Takes the load off the actuator. Just 'Mystery Oiled' my dish last weekend - made a difference!

Yes, ill be lubing it up good when i do my tune up, possibly this weekend.

I have a KTI 7.5 footer that has survived 15 years of Cape Cod weather. Haven't lost any panels and have only replaced the dish mover once.
Unfortunately, once the LNBs go I'm out of luck. 15 years ago I had a much better back for roof climbing and mounted my dish 20 feet off the ground and attached it to the side house. Wife wont let me climb anymore. :(

I 've had a 7.5 foot KTI for 20 years now and still have the original catalog for KTI dishes. There is no KTI with a buttonhook, they all have a 4 point mount for the co-rotor/lnb. That's not a KTI mount either. Note too there are no panel support rings on that dish. Could be a Kaul-Tronics but that's not the same as KTI.
View attachment 106068

I once believed there were no KTI buttonhooks, but then member Bongu wrote:

"I have a 10 footer that will disagree with you. It is in my "attic" storage. It has a label on it "Nova by KTI", and it is definitely a buttonhook. Picked it up in N. Illinois earlier this year."

Well I'm sure the dish part is the same as the Laser C/KU dish I have. And it is a KTI mount, just without the common big ring to support the quad panel design. This dish design made the dish easy to ship. It fit in a way smaller box. :) The weakness in the design is it has to be assembled precisely with the center hub to rib attaching bolts torqued to exacting specifications. The ribs are mild steel and with the vinyl sleeve that holds the mesh over them, they hold water and rust easily. Once that happens, you don't want to take it apart because you would never get it back in true parabolic shape again. Your advantage is you did not have to take it apart. :)

Reactions: iBoston
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)