10' mesh dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
is it possible depending on what in my LOS that i could pick up sats from 30w to 177w from my location?

30west - Maybe
177w - No, below the horizon

With a 24" Actuator, I am able to get 50west to 139west.

www.lyngsat.com
pick the sat you want to check, click the little map in the middle of the page, click your approx location on the map and it will tell you if you could possibly get it. Some Sats are right in the middle but do not bream to N.America.

To me that is too much for one dish... I just picked up 5 dishes and 9 receivers for $50.... I had to drive 500+ miles for those, however. I can probably sell any excess dishes. Unfortunately all were already down and disassembled, but all were working, somewhat, at least. I will have to figure what parts go with what dish! Comcast just came into an area and people wanted the BUD's out. If you are in an area with cable or OTA, I would think you could get C band eq. and maybe KU free.
Where I am, everyone I have talked to, wants to keep the C band. I can get some KU.

it may be high but it is a working dish as of last year with a new von weise actuator arm so i think the price isnt bad considering, hard to find free dishes in dfw area within reasonable travel distance

If the Arm is new then price seems good.
Check mount for worn joints, from the rim of the Dish, gently push / pull / lift checking for any play.

I would "slave" an HD FTA receiver. By slaveing, you would use the 4DTV to position the dish and control the LNB's polarity. You don't have to have a 4DTV receiver. You can use a FTA receiver, voltage controlled LNBF(sim. to a BSC621-1) and a VBox / GBox for positioning.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)