$100 for Hopper + $95 for technician - is this right?

I signed up in August 1998. The only promotion was do it yourself or pay an installer. I think I paid $150 or $200 for a box that contained a dish and receiver plus instructions. It also included some cable, a grounding block and wire, and a small compass.

Me too. It was 1996. I still remember my Dad helping me at my new apartment/condo. Had the Dish down in the parking lot trying to find alignment with a LONG cable as my apartment was on the second floor. Had no idea whee to point the dang thing. thank goodness for the included compass!! :)......had to get a letter for the HOA, cuz they gave me grief about having it.

I signed up in february and as soon as the hopper came out I called. I kept being told 300 for one hopper and one Joey. Finally I got a guy who said 200 bucks on the dish chat but then later retracted his price and I said you have to honor that price and he said he couldn't. So I ended up finding a prepaid gift card that had 170 bucks on it and ended up paying 130 for it and Free install. Reps on the phone kept telling me I couldn't bill it to my account but finally I got a lady who said I could. Over the 722k I had the hopper is a huge upgrade and def worth it. I would say that the hopper will be around for at least 3 years before they decide on coming out with another DVr . Is it better than TiVo ? Yes . I would say its even better than what directv has to offer.

Long time customer here also on a month to month, I was quoted the same $115 for 1H/1J. This was done online via PM here, didn't negotiate or anything yet. I will probably try and call in the next couple of days when time permits.

Long time customer here also on a month to month, I was quoted the same $115 for 1H/1J. This was done online via PM here, didn't negotiate or anything yet. I will probably try and call in the next couple of days when time permits.

$115 is about the best you're going to get for that setup.

$115 is about the best you're going to get for that setup.
unless you go through retentions and pull the "directv" card out. Some are able match new customer promotions or even received the second hoppers free.

(of course no guarantees with that and it might end up being a lot of hassle)

Had a few minutes to kill earlier so I chatted with cs, I was transferred to another group when I asked why new customers get it at a better rate. Anyways, they couldn't do much for me except a discount on lease fee of $50, is there a lease fee?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts