Attachments

• DISH_1000.2_Installation_Guide_(_151255)[4].pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,439
  • DISH_1000.2_Product_Launch_Bulletin[2].pdf
    43.6 KB · Views: 729
As for the dish being a little bit wider does improve on gain on the 129 slot
My sig went up a little, but not much.

Thanks for posting.

Anyone compared the performance of the Dish 1000 with the 1000.2 for the 129 orbital location?

I posted this in another forum, but I'll reiterate here as well.

I've only seen 2 or 3 point gain in the 129. Maybe it's a matter of me needing to fine tune my aiming process, but I'm seeing a slight DECREASE in the average 119 sig's I get for NE Ohio. Usually on transponder 11, I'll get 109 - 112 (625 receiver....add 2 points for 322), but now I'm seeing average of 107.

you need power on port one of the dpp triple and i always peak with the 129 sat comming through port 3 on the triple. the triple uses 600ma of power, only a bird dog and a super sat buddy are able to peak the .2 w/o a reciever, ss on 129 for a 301 should be around 80-85 and lower for a dual reciever 322,625,622,222

you need power on port one of the dpp triple and i always peak with the 129 sat comming through port 3 on the triple. the triple uses 600ma of power, only a bird dog and a super sat buddy are able to peak the .2 w/o a reciever, ss on 129 for a 301 should be around 80-85 and lower for a dual reciever 322,625,622,222

Sorry. I don't use the D1000.2 LNB to aim/peak the dish. Dish has a "W bracket", and as such, I use a regular DP dual to aim on the 119 and then shift over to the 129 for fine tuning.

Regardless, I'm still not overly impressed with the D1000.2 At least here in NE Ohio, the only advantage I see thus far is the fact I can run 3 receivers (dual or single tuners) from the LNB. My typical 129 readings are mid 80s, 119 approx 107 and 110 approx 96 (these are from the 622). With the D1000, I usually had about 113 - 115 on the 622.

i thought the switch was built in ? i have a dish 1000 and i am trying to set it up but it does not look like a switch came with it.

Birddog will not do 1000.2 LNB w/o a reciever " i know because i have a Birddog"
So far the only meter that i know of in my possesion that works with the 1000.2
w/o the reciever is the Sathawk 4000

Birddog will not do 1000.2 LNB w/o a reciever " i know because i have a Birddog"
So far the only meter that i know of in my possesion that works with the 1000.2
w/o the reciever is the Sathawk 4000

I'm not sure, but I head the newest Birddogs will work with DPP tech. As to the the Super SatBuddy; that too will work. It's a hefty investment tho. $600 - $650

"Sorry. I don't use the D1000.2 LNB to aim/peak the dish. Dish has a "W bracket", and as such, I use a regular DP dual to aim on the 119 and then shift over to the 129 for fine tuning. "

Webby, I know you use the DP dual because of your meter but after replacing the LNB, which LNB gives you higher readings for 129? The DP Dual or the D1000.2 LNB?

I'm not sure, but I head the newest Birddogs will work with DPP tech. As to the the Super SatBuddy; that too will work. It's a hefty investment tho. $600 - $650
I would like to have the new super Satbuddy but for $200 less the sathawk4000 does just fine. The new Birddog has longer battery life, usb port and memory but
i have not heard of it handling the Current Limit Level of 600 mA to power even the Dish Pro Plus 3 LNB setup and the Dish 1000.2, which are the "current hogs" of the industry.

This is a C/P straight from the Birddog site
Alignment of Dish Network’s Dish Pro Plus:

Due to the high current consumption of the Dish Pro Plus LNBF, the recommended way to align the Dish Pro Plus is to temporarily install the previous version LNBF (Dish Pro twin or quad LNBF) for dish alignment, then simply swap the LNBF components after securing the dish. In circumstances where this is not possible, it is recommended that a receiver be connected to the LNB to provide additional power.

It is required that a receiver be connected when aligning the Dish 1000.2. It is also required if the Dish 1000 has the 3rd LNB (129 West) connected to the Dish Pro Plus LNB.

I also read on the specs that even with the new longer lasting battery, it is only limited to 500 mA
If they do have a battery capable of handling 600 mA... then i would like to upgrade my current V2.50 Birddog with just the new battery pack. :D

Until then, i believe the Birddog is more of a Directv friendly meter then it is for Dishnetwork. "IMHO"

Last edited:
"Sorry. I don't use the D1000.2 LNB to aim/peak the dish. Dish has a "W bracket", and as such, I use a regular DP dual to aim on the 119 and then shift over to the 129 for fine tuning. "

Webby, I know you use the DP dual because of your meter but after replacing the LNB, which LNB gives you higher readings for 129? The DP Dual or the D1000.2 LNB?

I'm assuming you're asking, which set-up gave a better reading...D1000 or D1000.2....on the 129? I don't bother rechecking things after I aim with on dual on the 119, and peak with another dual on the 129. Typically, I've seen almost a 5 point jump with the 129 using the D1000.2

I hope that's what you were asking

I would like to have the new super Satbuddy but for $200 less the sathawk4000 does just fine. The new Birddog has longer battery life, usb port and memory but
i have not heard of it handling the Current Limit Level of 600 mA to power even the Dish Pro Plus 3 LNB setup and the Dish 1000.2, which are the "current hogs" of the industry.

This is a C/P straight from the Birddog site
Alignment of Dish Network’s Dish Pro Plus:

Due to the high current consumption of the Dish Pro Plus LNBF, the recommended way to align the Dish Pro Plus is to temporarily install the previous version LNBF (Dish Pro twin or quad LNBF) for dish alignment, then simply swap the LNBF components after securing the dish. In circumstances where this is not possible, it is recommended that a receiver be connected to the LNB to provide additional power.

It is required that a receiver be connected when aligning the Dish 1000.2. It is also required if the Dish 1000 has the 3rd LNB (129 West) connected to the Dish Pro Plus LNB.

I also read on the specs that even with the new longer lasting battery, it is only limited to 500 mA
If they do have a battery capable of handling 600 mA... then i would like to upgrade my current V2.50 Birddog with just the new battery pack. :D

Until then, i believe the Birddog is more of a Directv friendly meter then it is for Dishnetwork. "IMHO"

I'm starting to become a Sathawk fan, just for the very reasons you've stated :)

I did some shopping around, and I did misquote the Super SatBuddy price. It's closer to $550. Regardless, the Sathawk is a bit cheaper (about $100 or so) and does the job equally as well.

I'm assuming you're asking, which set-up gave a better reading...D1000 or D1000.2....on the 129? I don't bother rechecking things after I aim with on dual on the 119, and peak with another dual on the 129. Typically, I've seen almost a 5 point jump with the 129 using the D1000.2

I hope that's what you were asking

Thanks.

Just wondering if the dual LNB will give better readings than the D1000.2 LNB. In theory, they should both be the same. I was thinking of getting the W adapter to put back the DP Twin and DP Dual I have on the D1000.2 but in reality it shouldn't do me any good.

I have probably installed 10-15 1000.2 since our office received the first shipment. As far as signal strength on 129, I use transponder 31 to peak it on and have been averaging anywhere between 94-100%. On Sat. 119 Transponder 11 I have been averaging anywhere between 110 - 116%. As for Sat. 110 I really haven't been paying as much attention to the signal strength on this one.

Most of these ss our readings from a 622.

The Birdog USB ( 3.0 new version) will only work with a DishPro Plus lnbf if a receiver is connected and supplying power to the second port of the LNBF.

The only meter that will work with a DishPro Plus lnbf w/o a receiver being connected is the new Sathawk 4000 meter ( see www.sathawk.tv ). This meter has a longer charge and can handle 600mA fine.

The Birdog USB ( 3.0 new version) will only work with a DishPro Plus lnbf if a receiver is connected and supplying power to the second port of the LNBF.

The only meter that will work with a DishPro Plus lnbf w/o a receiver being connected is the new Sathawk 4000 meter ( see www.sathawk.tv ). This meter has a longer charge and can handle 600mA fine.
Do you know if and or when the Birddog peepz will start to get on the ball
with their meter and uprade with a compatible battery for us Dishnet tekies
that tweek with the power hogs of the industry :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)