101 elevation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

radiodevo

Original poster
Apr 23, 2005
i have a direct tv dish pointed at the 101 spot how come thy put the elivation on the dish at 48 degrees when i read on the geo site it says the correct elivation is 38.4 why is that would the signal be better at 38.4 than at 48 degrees

Last edited by a moderator:
iceburg this question is for you i have a direct tv dish pointed at the 101 spot how come thy put the elivation on the dish at 48 degrees when i read on the geo site it says the correct elivation is 38.4 why is that would the signal be better at 38.4 than at 48 degrees

Is the dish only pointing at the 101 satellite or is it pointing at multiple satellites?
Is the dish's mast leveled?
On the "geo site" are you looking at the same location where your located at?

broke off to new thread...have NO IDEA why you would thread crap and ask me directly (removed the "help me iceberg" reference).

Also, why is this in the FTA area when you are asking for a DirecTV question?? Moved to directv area

it shouldn't work over a 10 degree range of elevaion.

One of the things you are referencing is wrong.

Geo site? Posting in FTA? what are you trying to do?

i have a direct tv dish pointed at the 101 spot how come thy put the elivation on the dish at 48 degrees when i read on the geo site it says the correct elivation is 38.4 why is that would the signal be better at 38.4 than at 48 degrees

To answer your question, the dish does not point directly at the satellite. It reflects the signal back into the LNB assembly so there will be some disparity between the two.

Who put the dish at 48 degrees? Was it the installer, or was it based upon the DirecTV presets? What are your signal strengths on the 101 sat?

Simplest thing is go to the settings on your Directv receiver to get Directv's recommended setup for an 18" round dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts