101w KUIL with visionsat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

concord

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
Southern North Carolina
I blind scanned 101, with my new visionsat (v1.20), a while back and noticed that KUIL was not found. Today I tried manually plugging in 11706 and scanning with no joy.

KUIL is still listed on TheList, is it still up? I was able to get it with my Merc II....

Thanks.

I saw an article that all the Beaumont stations were off the air because of Hurricane damage. My dish is at fixed at 123 right now so I can't check.

I just checked for KUIL. It's on there, yesterday it was off for awhile. Sometimes only a black screen would come up. I think they had troubles because of the hurricane.

I just moved my dish to AMC4 yesterday to watch the Saints & Skins game...I could not find KUIL, so I found the satellite by TRWAM (12119 V 30000) instead. However, KUIL came in just fine once I was locked onto AMC4. It's there and was coming in very well for me yesterday.

Thanks all for the information. I had TRWAM coming in fine, but KUIL didn't blind scan in nor entering in the information manually. Guess I'll have to connect my Merc II to see it still sees it...

Same issue with a solution

I just came here to see if anyone else had a Visionsat with the same issues. I loaded Visionsats last firmware as soon as I got it like the SatelliteAV guy said. What firmware do people have and do others have the same thing?

Scanned many different ways and blind, auto, manual and advanced would not add the station.

I went to Service List Manager, Edit Services and then entered the information for KUIL.

Exit out of that menu to tune to the new channel. I had to go to the channel a couple of times (got service error or something) before it finally locked. Lets hope it stays there.

I need my KUIL on the Visionsat with the hard drive recording tonight for the Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles so I can DirecTivo Chuck on NBC and the four Lost on SciFi.

Jim, I didn't get KUIL in my last blind scan about a week ago, so I tried manual and a PID scan this morning, no luck.

I am seeing good quality on my meter but the signal is very slow to lock....I'm wondering if this is an issue with the low symbol rate (2170), similar to the issue the Visionsat seems to have with WhiteSprings?

edit: Read more of the thread (above), didn't realize the issue with skew, that could be the problem also.

Last edited:
I have the same problem with KUIL as with White Springs. My Visionsat IV200 will not lock either. I've been able to scan and lock everything else on AMC4 but not KUIL.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts