120cm dish with C-Band performance - Now with HD!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
tpraines said:
Could some of you guys with succes using a 1 m dish, please post some of your results on the 1m c-band thread? Thanks for all your hard work in developing the miniBUD!

I am testing a 90 cm offset Ku dish & Stab HH100 motor with a C band Chaparrel scalar ring , feed horn , Polorotor & DMS International 15 degree LNB .

Presently tweeked for Galexy 4 .

Get 2 analog C band religious stations pretty strong , only a few sparkles .

Best DVB-S C band I am getting are some test patterns . The orher DVB-S C band channels are pictilizing .

All this does better at night than in the day time .

I tried Galexy 11 , but the dish is not tweeked properly for it .

I am scrounging for one of the 48" PrimeStar dishes , but no luck so far . Found one , but have not been able to catch the people home to try to beg them out of it . :-(

Wyr

Okay Guys! I need some help with my new toy. ASC421 on a fortec 36x34 my true south is IA-6 I am getting 90 X 96 Quality using my invacom SnH-031. when I change the setting on my receiver to read the ASC421vt to lnb 5650 MHz I get 94 Level but Zero in Quality. Do I have to adjust the elevation of the dish? is that is the case how many degrees or how many mills to I need to adjust? Up or down.
I honestly I do not like it,(ASK421), is too big and too heavy for the small dishes. I hope sadoun come up with the combo KU/C-band. I hope it would be designed outside the US. WE are still stuck on the BUD, and the rest of the world is getting hook with the KU.
Hence, that comment "I can get more English Channel on C-band" so is the new Jamaican Channel also getting into C-band only. I think somebody lied to them about Ku band and RAIN. I will loose my DBS from Direct TV before I loose my Ku band signals. Here, Again is not my opinion is my Personal Experience.

baya said:
Okay Guys! I need some help with my new toy. ASC421 on a fortec 36x34 my true south is IA-6 I am getting 90 X 96 Quality using my invacom SnH-031. when I change the setting on my receiver to read the ASC421vt to lnb 5650 MHz I get 94 Level but Zero in Quality. Do I have to adjust the elevation of the dish? is that is the case how many degrees or how many mills to I need to adjust? Up or down.
I honestly I do not like it,(ASK421), is too big and too heavy for the small dishes. I hope sadoun come up with the combo KU/C-band. I hope it would be designed outside the US. WE are still stuck on the BUD, and the rest of the world is getting hook with the KU.
Hence, that comment "I can get more English Channel on C-band" so is the new Jamaican Channel also getting into C-band only. I think somebody lied to them about Ku band and RAIN. I will loose my DBS from Direct TV before I loose my Ku band signals. Here, Again is not my opinion is my Personal Experience.

Try setting the Local Oclisolator Frequency to 5150 .

I think I had to raise the elevation quite a bit higher .

I pickes up some analog channels on IA 6 , but have not tried DVB-S on it , yet

Wyr

When I had my ASC421 on the P*, I connected it 'side saddle' via hose clamps like many of have done with a DBS circular LNB. In doing so I was able to 1.2 to the various birds. If you set it in place of your Ku LNB, you'll notice that the center of the LNBF is MUCH higher than it was with your Ku LNBF. This is why the elevation gets dorked.

I never did get to see any C-band DVB with that dish :(.

Shawn

Shawn95GT said:
When I had my ASC421 on the P*, I connected it 'side saddle' via hose clamps like many of have done with a DBS circular LNB. In doing so I was able to 1.2 to the various birds. If you set it in place of your Ku LNB, you'll notice that the center of the LNBF is MUCH higher than it was with your Ku LNBF. This is why the elevation gets dorked.

I never did get to see any C-band DVB with that dish :(.

Shawn

While eating lunch at home , today , I picked up a C band DVB-S channel on Anik F1 that seemed like some government hearing from Canada . Only unscrambled chanel I was able to scan .

Did not find any Analog C band on that sat at that time ..

Will try to tweek the elevation .

This is on the 90 cm dish .

I was wondering about trying to re-mount the offset dish sideways , to make it oblong like a Prime star dish ?????????

Wyr

I was doing some research on wi-fi and that is what they have done witih the Primestar dishes as WyrTwister indicated, to make the dish oblong to where it catches more signal vertically than it does horizontally.

Stargazer said:
I was doing some research on wi-fi and that is what they have done witih the Primestar dishes as WyrTwister indicated, to make the dish oblong to where it catches more signal vertically than it does horizontally.

Actualy , my dish has the major axis vertical , I was thinking about turning the dish ( but not the mount , 90 degrees so the major axix is horrizontal .

Wyr

Micro bud

I bought a channel master 1.2 dish, the c band lnb and did not get anything. Has anyone seen something digital or all analog in this project. Analog I have found has been all snowy worse then the ku analog. My test was on G-11

Try the ASN digital channel on Anik F1/R @ 107w, PERFECT here on a 40" dish and ASC-421 C-Band LNBF.

You may still have to do some tweaking of the LNBF to get the exact focal position, any pictures of your setup?

In addition to Pete's suggestion, try G4R. I am parked there now watching the C-Band HD and 4:2:2 Warner Bros feeds. There is some fairly decent analog stuff on that sat as well. I have a 1.2 as well and unfortunately, you will not get a signal from all the C-Band sats. I get watchable channels from just a handful in either digital or analog.

c band

I will try next week. Dish being sent out for paint and body work. No not really just going to paint the stand and clean it up and see what modifications will be needed in the future then will try again.

The latest Tele-Satellite magazine (arrived just yesterday) has a nice article about a MicroBUD project. Vito from Canada and another gentleman were interviewed about their projects with 120cm and 100cm dishes.

If they can do it in Canada, we sure can do in the USA. :flag: :)

Good job Ron (Tele-Satellite's rep in the USA) on a nice article. I hope he reads Satlliteguys.us forums since a lot of new projects are born here.

Last edited:
Sadoun said:
The latest Tele-Satellite magazine (arrived just yesterday) has a nice article about a MicroBUD project. Vito from Canada and another gentleman were interviewed about their projects with 120cm and 100cm dishes.

Good job Ron (Tele-Satellite's rep in the USA) on a nice article. I hope he reads Satlliteguys.us forums since a lot of new projects are born here.

Did you guys ever come to a conclusion regarding your tests of a combination C/ku lnbf?

TiminMb said:
Did you guys ever come to a conclusion regarding your tests of a combination C/ku lnbf?
Thats what I would like to know. I've got a Channel master 1.2m and 1.8m dish just waiting for something like that.

Just finished reading this whole thread.Started it yesterday.What a great read and what a great project.I would also love to see some updates on the progress.I have an old c/ku lnbf in the shed.I was going to put it on the BUD my Father-in-Law gave me,but now I am re-thinking this after seeing some of these success stories.

It's not a TOTAL accident/coincidence that I'm strapped for cash, and am dumping my Sg2100/Winegard 76cm, not my precious MicroBUD Patriot 1.2m ;)

I also am patiently waiting (it's been what, half a year now?) for these C/Ku LNBF tests from Sadoun... would be the perfect addition to my setup.

Hi

Sorry guys it is taking long to bring you "C/Ku combined LNBF" for offset dishes. The possibility is still there but no set date yet.

Sadoun said:

Got my first issue yesterday and read this article.Very interesting project and I really enjoy this magazine.

Experiments today with a 100 cm dish and the DMSI lnbf before the lnbf fell of the dish and broke and died before the 6 ft c-band dish comes on Thursday got me just analog feeds.

I got Dr Gene Scott on AMC 3 barely. NCAA Hockey feeds on G3 Tr's 4 and 22 and the ABC east coast feed on T5 were watchable, but you couldn't read the scores at all.

G4 Tr's 15, 16 & 17 (Soap Operas from Buena Vista), G11 C10 (Shop at Home) and IA 6 C8 (PBS) and 24 (CBS) were the clearest and watchable with some snow. Like watching on a 100 degree lnb in the 80's on a 10 ft dish.

I've ordered another lnbf and the 6 ft dish should be here on Thursday.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)