12FT BUD Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey Stogie, and anyone in the know..........how heavy can this get? Do you think I need more than 2 people to bring this down safely? The owner indicated that he has the original manual, that's a plus I suppose?

Two strong guys can move it, but you will appreciate more help, when I got mine I was the foreman since I understood what needed to be done, and had my helpers heft the dish off the mount whilest I pulled the bolts to let it go. Its not THAT heavy, but you do not want it to fall, that breaks things. You will find that the Paraclipse will be the strongest dish you will ever own.... its tough.

Just paid for it, and making arrangements to pick it up. Sprayed PB Blaster on the nut/bolts to losen things up before pickup. I also picked up the installation manual! :D

Two strong guys can move it, but you will appreciate more help, when I got mine I was the foreman since I understood what needed to be done, and had my helpers heft the dish off the mount whilest I pulled the bolts to let it go. Its not THAT heavy, but you do not want it to fall, that breaks things. You will find that the Paraclipse will be the strongest dish you will ever own.... its tough.
Thanks, for the insight and feedback.

Just paid for it, and making arrangements to pick it up. Sprayed PB Blaster on the nut/bolts to losen things up before pickup. I also picked up the installation manual! :D

Take a chunk of PIPE with you that's a little long, and can be slipped over your wrench handle. Comes in handy as a leverage "cheater" for loosening bolts that just don't want to cooperate. Do NOT worry about breaking them, as you WILL. Might want to take a bunch of photo's first, as your memory of how it was put together changes very quickly....

Take a chunk of PIPE with you that's a little long, and can be slipped over your wrench handle. Comes in handy as a leverage "cheater" for loosening bolts that just don't want to cooperate. Do NOT worry about breaking them, as you WILL. Might want to take a bunch of photo's first, as your memory of how it was put together changes very quickly....

Great idea as it regards using the long pipe handle leverage.

Hauled many assembled 10 and 12' reflectors on edge using 6 and 7 foot wide trailers. Hung it off the passenger side with red flags and then was careful to watch out and pull wide for mailboxes, bicyclists and hitchhikers. Stay off of state and federal highways as the enforcement is usually increased and infractions are likely with higher cost.

Tried to time moves when least amount of traffic and minimal officers. Try to have someone trail close enough so no one tries to get between and used the hazards a few times when navigating in heavier traffic.

Hauled many assembled 10 and 12' reflectors on edge using 6 and 7 foot wide trailers. Hung it off the passenger side with red flags and then was careful to watch out and pull wide for mailboxes, bicyclists and hitchhikers. Stay off of state and federal highways as the enforcement is usually increased and infractions are likely with higher cost.

Tried to time moves when least amount of traffic and minimal officers. Try to have someone trail close enough so no one tries to get between and used the hazards a few times when navigating in heavier traffic.
Thanks, SatAV! I will keep that in mind. :)

how far IS that?

Only problem with that is the Pclipse aint round,cachunk,cachunk !:D
Yea, but you can tell how far you've gone by counting the cachunks! ;)
edit:
(3.14159 X 12') / 8 segments = 4.75' or 4' 8.5"

Last edited:
I can tell you from experience that if you have an 8.5' trailer and prop it up like I did you'll have minimal overhang and only need some red flags. I was well within the lane markings and was so confident with it that I took a state route for 3/4 of a mile at about 6-6:30 in the evening on a Friday. You don't need to prop it up much to narrow it greatly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)