12ftr. Aquired!!

O'Doyle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2014
Ridgeland, South Carolina
Wanted you all to know that I was able to make the 3hr. road trip yesterday to go pick up the 12ft.unimesh dish that Mr. Comptech was parting with, Huge Thanks! goes out to him! he took time out of his work day and lunch hour to meet me and help load it up in the truck, plus ended up with a few other goodies to go along with the dish. Thanks again Nick! Great guy to deal with!

Wanted you all to know that I was able to make the 3hr. road trip yesterday to go pick up the 12ft.unimesh dish that Mr. Comptech was parting with, Huge Thanks! goes out to him! he took time out of his work day and lunch hour to meet me and help load it up in the truck, plus ended up with a few other goodies to go along with the dish. Thanks again Nick! Great guy to deal with!
Nice! Hope we will see some pics when you get it set up. :)

Reactions: Comptech
20190308_153935[1].jpg
20190308_153940[1].jpg
Update...relocated the pavers for my patio(another project in motion) and picked a good spot to plant my dish(green stick indicated). Next week this time will be digging the hole and planting the pole and concrete!

Reactions: a33 and FTA4PA
Are you sure that tree top in the upper left corner that I can see between your house and the house next door isn't going to block any sats?
As far as I can see...that tree is more south east than it looks plus it is located on the other side of the street behind the neighbors house. But once I get the dish up, I will be able to see if that will be a problem or not....Good eye tho! Thanks!

If you bring up Google Maps on top of your house, you can click on the little box in the lower left and change to satellite mode. Zoom to the spot on your house lot where you want to put the dish. RIGHT-click that exact spot on your lawn.

A menu will pop up, click on "What's Here?" and you will see the exact map coordinates of that exact spot! Copy/paste those into the Dishpointer "Your Location" box. In the Dishpointer "All Satellites" box, select the various sats you plan on wanting to see. Hit the SEARCH button, and it'll bring up your map and a green arrow pointing to that exact satellite. You can zoom in or out, and if need be, move the pointer on your yard to find the best spot before digging.

Don't plant a dish first, and find out you need a chainsaw later. Been there, done that, wished I'd had Dishpointer a LONG time ago!

Try 30W and then 87W and then 135W to give you an idea of how good your placement WAG is for your picked spot.

Go to DishPointer - Align your satellite dish .

With a elevation of his 34 degrees, should be no problem.

Maybe not, but Dishpointer makes it so easy, and it sucks to find out AFTER that moving the placement of a dish pole even a couple feet one way or the other could make all the difference in the world. Especially a c-band dish that needs 800lbs or so of cement to hold it down. Can't move that easily.

I think he will be fine. I had trees closer than that and taller to my southeast and could still see down o 34W. Just hope it is up soon and we get a report.

As far as I can see...that tree is more south east than it looks plus it is located on the other side of the street behind the neighbors house. But once I get the dish up, I will be able to see if that will be a problem or not....Good eye tho! Thanks!

Solar outages are starting to happen now and may benefit you. Go out and stand where you are going to place the dish and check if the sun will rise through the tree. If not you should be good.

Solar outages are starting to happen now and may benefit you. Go out and stand where you are going to place the dish and check if the sun will rise through the tree. If not you should be good.
Sun rises directly east (front of my house) of where the dish is planning on being. There are a line of trees behind the neighbors house on that side of the street, yes the sun rises thru them.