13V/18V C-Band LNB Needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Do they make a switchable 13V/18V C-Band LNB with a flange for use with an FTA receiver?

I have a 1.8m Channel Master offset antenna and would like to buy the feedhorn below to get better reception. I have a Coolsat 4000 Pro receiver.

Attachments

• Offset_C-Band_Feed.jpg
    Offset_C-Band_Feed.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 256
PopcornNMore said:
Do they make a switchable 13V/18V C-Band LNB with a flange for use with an FTA receiver?

I have a 1.8m Channel Master offset antenna and would like to buy the feedhorn below to get better reception. I have a Coolsat 4000 Pro receiver.

This is my uderstanding . If it is a LNB , a polorotor is normally used in the feed horn to change polarity . The picture seems to show a flange fro a LNB .

A LNBF uses 13 / 18 VDC to change the polarity , but do not know of one that fits that flange . The LNBF's I have seen are complete units that fit a scalar ring . And slide in & out the scalar ring to adjust f/d .

Wyr

So I guess if I use this feedhorn with a regular C-band LNB I would only get one polarity.

However they sell KU band LNB's that have a C120 flange that change polarity with 13V / 18V.

I haven't seen the animal you are looking for. Have you tried Skyvision, or contacted the LNB manufacturers (Cal Amp, Norsat, Grundig) themselves?

PopcornNMore said:
So I guess if I use this feedhorn with a regular C-band LNB I would only get one polarity.

However they sell KU band LNB's that have a C120 flange that change polarity with 13V / 18V.

If there is a way to get both polarities on that feed , it might be with what I have read of a stacked LNB . But , some one that knows more , what a stacked LNB is , will have to help you .

I have seen pictures of Ku LNBF's that use the C 120 flange .

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)