13v Transponders Sat 101 NOT IN SERVICE

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Does anybody knows if D* is going to take out more transponders ?? This is all that is going to happen or we have to expect more bad news in the near future ??

Mexico
DIRECTV will close the operations of Galaxy Mexico, its Mexican affiliate, and Galaxy Mexico has sold its subscriber list to Sky Mexico in exchange for a note, which is subject to adjustment and is payable in approximately 18 months. This acquisition has been filed with the Mexican government. Sky Mexico will offer to DIRECTV subscribers the opportunity to move to the Sky Mexico platform. In order to ensure that DIRECTV customers in Mexico continue to receive uninterrupted service while they evaluate the Sky offer, Galaxy Mexico will maintain its service for a minimum of nine months. Shortly after the end of the nine months, Galaxy Mexico will surrender its DTH license and cease operations. Approximately six months after the completion of the migration period, DIRECTV will surrender the note for 15 percent of the equity in Sky Mexico and acquire the balance of News Corp.’s equity stake in Sky Mexico for cash. At that time, DIRECTV and Televisa will also acquire Liberty Media’s interest in Sky Mexico, also for cash. Upon completion of these transactions, Televisa and DIRECTV will own approximately 57 percent and 43 percent of Sky Mexico respectively. As of June 30, 2004, there were approximately 266,000 DIRECTV subscribers in Mexico and approximately 940,000 Sky Mexico subscribers.

Dtv Info

:( Hello Luke

1) You can call the US using any calling card that you can buy in news stands, it will cost you 1 peso per minute instead of using the Telmex service that cost 5.00 pesos a minute.
2) About your question about SKY and DTV the both are controlled by the telecommunication giant Rupert Murdoch with his company named News Corporation.
3) Next year we will have the World Soccer Cup, and DTV,SKY have the rights, they also have NFL exclusivity in the world, just a thought but maybe the want to increase local sales in their respective markets.
4) Maybe they are using the satellite wattage more efficiently and focusing its signal more precisely, eitheir way we don’t get its signal and as I wrote before, I don’t think is coming back, to bad because we were their loyal costumers for many years.

From what I hear,,what we have left is going to stay that way,, least this is what I have been told,, but you know how rumors go,,I am not going to jump ship ,,,sky from what I have seen does not trip my triger,,lest I still have the west cost network feeds and other channels, sky gives you a american network package with CBS and it only shows half the programing,, BUT they do have Fox news,,, now I have to watch 202, life is dealing outs its blows,,,
could be a lot worse.. man we could be sport bar owners, that's got to hurt.

Im in Guatemala City, 1.8 antenna, with a DTV sub, things have been a bit weird, since the 13th we lost the odd tp's, however i had been recieving some signal on tp#9 (E!, TBS, MSNBC, etc...) till yesterday, it showed 0 signal on the setup, however i recieved a call about a half hour ago from my distributor that most of the odd tp's had some signal (from 30-55 more or less), the funny thing is that even though he's also in Guatemala City and only about 3km distance from my house, i still had 0 signal o most of my tp's, for example one of the channels i watch is 212 NFL Network which is on tp #19, now on my reciever i had the 'searching for satellite signal' message, he on the other hand was watching the rerun of the Chiefs-Dolphins game, and to prove it he let me hear the audio, now how do you explain that? he also told me what was showing on most of the channels that i had the message.

Either his antenna is directed somewhere where he recieves signal from both satellites or the footprint is moving, but hell these news are better than no news, hes going to his house right now to check on the signal from there, and were doing a cross check, ill keep you posted

lost in canada

i too lost the signals from dtv.. so is taht it from what i read here?
do you know if will be fixed can we point the dish toward dtv8 ?

As of 3 PM CST, I lost all my signals on the odd transponders in Chicago, IL. Still no service as of this morning. I have a tech coming out tomorrow, but I really don't think anything is wrong with the dish or equipment. Any thoughts?

Direct tv

I also can not see some channels since October. Do not understand why Directv is doing that. For many years I have paid through a friend in USA the full amount for viewing. There are many commercials in all the channels and since I have a PO BOX and fowarder in Miami, I have bought many items from these comercials. Locally we are offered Latino directv, but it is no good at all. You hear in movies American actors speak in spanish, and not all channels are offered. It is sad to see how this company will loose a lot of bussiness pretty soon.

Channels Lost

I am in Little Cayman. (Caribbean)

Transponders 1-8 = 34 37 35 0 31 92 37 94 % Signal

Transponders 9-16= 0 0 31 19 32 93 44 94

Transponders 17-24= 0 0 40 0 0 93 45 95

Transponders 25-32 0 33 35 0 77 92 46 94

Any thoughts? :confused:

i live in canada on the alberta board in the nwt and talked to few people in edmonton alberta and vancouver, bc they seem to be getting the signal fine but yet i can't since the 13th. and i'm using a 100cm dish i have a 8 foot dish i was thinking of modifing to get dricetv. i'll try it with dishnetwork frist.
man this realy sucks.. not haveing directv...

You think that's bad. I have a cottage literally 5 miles over the border into Canada (on Lake St. Clair). Guess what, D* crapped out there too....only have a signal on 4&12 which is the spotbeam for the locals here from what I have been told. Just seems incredible to me that they can focus so precise that Windsor can be cut off and yet Detroit is fine (the cities are divided by a river a few hundred feet wide). Or is there a different way for D* to do this? Is the LNB encoded with a serial number? Are the receivers on one account 'tied' to one dish (set of LNB's/multiswitch)? This is totally pissing me off......but then again, E* must be smiling.... My question too, is there a gain 'game' I should be playing here? How do you even start to determine whether that would work? Larger dish? Amplifiers? High-gain LNB's?

well i searched everywhere on the oct 13 when it went out could'nt find and info then i found this site and there it was the answer i thought my reciver died on me.
yeah i would what D* has in store for every one.
As for the large dish i realy don't know if it would work since what you told me that your only a few hunderd feet away from Detroit.
i would like to know how many people have been affected by this move.

guess goto fire up the old c-band.

I live in the Caribbean and we only lost 30 Channels or something because of the odd transponders and we use a larger antenna (6 Ft.). I Know there is another satellite that D* is putting up in November this year, does anybody knows If with this new satellite they are going to turn off the remaining Transponders ??.

CegaRazoR said:
of course.... a 2.40mts dish, there is no problem with signal, here in Guatemala.

We use a 6ft. dish (1.8 m) and have problems with the odd transponders. Do you have signal in the odd transponders with your 2.4m dish (8 ft. aprox) ??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts