15 Year Dish Customer......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sprinklerguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 16, 2003
Around this time of year I always start to think...hmmm...all the football games would sure be nice....well, I'm thinking it again.

I am by nature a very loyal man....mostly ;)

I want the Sunday ticket....I want the Sunday ticket...

Some questions:

What am I going to miss if I switch? dish has been great to me....but I may be ready for a change..convince me.

Will I get the Colorado Springs, Colorado Locals? I am in zip 80863 and I have locals w/ Dish....

I understand that Direct does not have one receiver setups that feed other tvs...correct? I only have one HD Tv at this time..but I may add one....will I need 2 receivers?

DVR comparable?

I went to Direct Tv website..prices appear comparable if not cheaper....correct?

What specials that may or may not be advertised can I get?

Thanks in advance...

I looks like the Colorado Springs SD locals are available.

DirecTV receivers can't do what the Dish receivers can with regard to feeding two TVs with separate content.

However, you could use on DirecTV receiver to feed two TVs as long as you don't care that both TVs will have the same showing.

Around this time of year I always start to think...hmmm...all the football games would sure be nice....well, I'm thinking it again.

I am by nature a very loyal man....mostly ;)

I want the Sunday ticket....I want the Sunday ticket...

Some questions:

What am I going to miss if I switch? dish has been great to me....but I may be ready for a change..convince me.

Will I get the Colorado Springs, Colorado Locals? I am in zip 80863 and I have locals w/ Dish....

I understand that Direct does not have one receiver setups that feed other tvs...correct? I only have one HD Tv at this time..but I may add one....will I need 2 receivers?

DVR comparable?

I went to Direct Tv website..prices appear comparable if not cheaper....correct?

What specials that may or may not be advertised can I get?

Thanks in advance...

I looks like the Colorado Springs SD locals are available.

DirecTV receivers can't do what the Dish receivers can with regard to feeding two TVs with separate content.

However, you could use on DirecTV receiver to feed two TVs as long as you don't care that both TVs will have the same showing.

Also, adding another recvr would only cost an addl. $5 p/m (to take the place of the DISH unit that handles two TV's)

If the Colorado Spgs HD's aren't available, "move" to Denver (you should be in their spotbeam, you're not that far away) and use OTA for Colorado Spgs locals. Get two markets. :cool:

Dish lost me for 3 reasons after many years of service over 10...

The forceful killing of my 7200 and there lame attempt to replace it with a 508

The forcefull killing of my 721 - with a equally inferior box

And Capt 2 cents over at DBStalk he is number 3 ... If I want to post pictures of un toched reciever guts that is my choice. Him and the dbstalk administration are the puppets of dish network.

Bottom line

The grass is always greener on the other side till you cross to the other side.

more questions about the switch

Long story short, I've got Dish (just over 2 years) and like it. I am moving from TX to outside New York City in 2 weeks. I can cancel Dish or move with it.

I'm very interested in the locals. Specifically the options to "move" to Boston. Maybe it's shady, but I "moved" from Texas to Boston on Dish last year until the Boston locals went to Spotbeam. I can't find much in the way of spotbeam info for DirecTV. Any tips? "The List" available on this site seems that DirecTV is much simpler.

I'm a little interested in the NFL deal and would probably take advantage of the Promotion where you pay for that and get everything they have to offer if I did the switch. Other than that, though, I'm pretty cheap and am willing to sacrifice some programming for some cash... especially if I can "move."

Perfect world: I'd have a low bill and get NESN sports and Boston locals (with an address that avoids blackouts on NESN... which I can take care of).

Anyone have any advice for me? Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts