16:9 and image cut

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dwarefy

Original poster
Jul 3, 2008
Hey I'm new here and I'm here to ask help ! (I'm not the first I know) !

I bought a motorola DSR-505 and a Samsung 40LNA450

Plugged in component and set in 720p and here's a shot of my problem when watching HD content

fwu4vl.jpg

You can clearly see how the Z tele logo is cut

Here's both TV and receiver format are set to 16:9

I experience this issue ONLY when watching HD content I think , sometimes while watching the news in standard definition I lost some image and sometimes it's perfect !

When the receiver is set to letterbox or pan/scan I get this

33ek594.jpg
and
24qlet2.jpg

I tried :
Setting the receiver in 1080i or 00:00 (native resolution ?) and using the just scan (insted of 16:9 ) and it is a LITTLE better but far from perfection just less cut

I don't know if buying a DVI HDMI cable (which could let be use 720p and Just scan together )would solve my problem

What do you think ? Any ideas ? Need more pics? Jusk ask ! :D

Thanksyou all ! :)

Last edited:
Have you tried pressing the aspect button on the remote? It looks like its stuck on zoom/stretch to me.

The first picture has the correct ratio, but zoomed horizontally and vertically.
The others don't.

I didn't find any info for your TV model; are you sure it's the correct one.

By setting it to pan and scan, you get a letter boxed picture.

But in regards to the first picture, it just looks like the DSR505 is on "stretch" mode. There is an aspect button to toggle between normal/zoom/stretch on the remote.

So Dwarefy, you HAVE pressed the aspect button on your Star Choice remote?

By setting it to pan and scan, you get a letter boxed picture.

But in regards to the first picture, it just looks like the DSR505 is on "stretch" mode. There is an aspect button to toggle between normal/zoom/stretch on the remote.

So Dwarefy, you HAVE pressed the aspect button on your Star Choice remote?

:D:D:D:D:D:D I guessed I pressed it once to see what it was doing and forget about it XD

I made 2 forums to find a answer to this and you came with TEH answer ! A simple mistake of my :eek:

Now while watching SD press aspect to stretch and HD content aspect back to normal and WOW :)

Thanks you Thanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks you:eureka

You're very welcome!

Even better, you can press options 6-4-5 and turn 4x3 override to 480i/p and the stretching on SD will be done automatically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts