16:9 and image cut

Dwarefy

Original poster
Jul 3, 2008
Hey I'm new here and I'm here to ask help ! (I'm not the first I know) !

I bought a motorola DSR-505 and a Samsung 40LNA450

Plugged in component and set in 720p and here's a shot of my problem when watching HD content

fwu4vl.jpg

You can clearly see how the Z tele logo is cut

Here's both TV and receiver format are set to 16:9

I experience this issue ONLY when watching HD content I think , sometimes while watching the news in standard definition I lost some image and sometimes it's perfect !

When the receiver is set to letterbox or pan/scan I get this

33ek594.jpg
and
24qlet2.jpg

I tried :
Setting the receiver in 1080i or 00:00 (native resolution ?) and using the just scan (insted of 16:9 ) and it is a LITTLE better but far from perfection just less cut

I don't know if buying a DVI HDMI cable (which could let be use 720p and Just scan together )would solve my problem

What do you think ? Any ideas ? Need more pics? Jusk ask ! :D

Thanksyou all ! :)

Last edited:
Have you tried pressing the aspect button on the remote? It looks like its stuck on zoom/stretch to me.

The first picture has the correct ratio, but zoomed horizontally and vertically.
The others don't.

I didn't find any info for your TV model; are you sure it's the correct one.

By setting it to pan and scan, you get a letter boxed picture.

But in regards to the first picture, it just looks like the DSR505 is on "stretch" mode. There is an aspect button to toggle between normal/zoom/stretch on the remote.

So Dwarefy, you HAVE pressed the aspect button on your Star Choice remote?

By setting it to pan and scan, you get a letter boxed picture.

But in regards to the first picture, it just looks like the DSR505 is on "stretch" mode. There is an aspect button to toggle between normal/zoom/stretch on the remote.

So Dwarefy, you HAVE pressed the aspect button on your Star Choice remote?

:D:D:D:D:D:D I guessed I pressed it once to see what it was doing and forget about it XD

I made 2 forums to find a answer to this and you came with TEH answer ! A simple mistake of my :eek:

Now while watching SD press aspect to stretch and HD content aspect back to normal and WOW :)

Thanks you Thanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks youThanks you:eureka

You're very welcome!

Even better, you can press options 6-4-5 and turn 4x3 override to 480i/p and the stretching on SD will be done automatically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)