$17 charge question

ac1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
joplin, mo
Ever since I signed up for my HD DVR, I am now charged $17 a month for my regular DVR. Is there any way to eliminate this charge? It seems absurd to be charged that much for a second DVR.

The first receiver on the account is free, any additional receivers do have a charge. It sounds like you have another DuoDVR, the only way to eliminate the charge is to deactivate the additional receiver. You can always look into downgrading it to lower the cost of it.

What's the other receiver model (I'm guessing a 522/625)?

Ever since I signed up for my HD DVR, I am now charged $17 a month for my regular DVR. Is there any way to eliminate this charge? It seems absurd to be charged that much for a second DVR.

Yea its a steep fee imo.There are options around it though.For hd you could go with a 612 which is a dual tuner receiver but only for 1 tv.That would save you $7 per month.If a single tuner dvr would suffice then you could go with a 211 thus saving you $3 more per month.You would have to pay a one time fee of $40 and add an self powered external hdd.I think the 512's are now considered dual tuner for one tv and it would be $10 per month and its SD only.

I understand how the ads can be misleading, but we do offer 4-room installs for free, and we may not have any upfront charges on install, but you still have to pay the monthly equipment pricing.

$17 is indeed absurd. There is simply no excuse for such a high fee. DIRECTV is $6 for a dual tuner PVR.

Welcome to the world of Dish Network double-dipping. You are charged a DVR fee which covers your entire account, then there's a higher monthly charge for 2 or more DVR receivers. There's also the higher fee for a dual tuner receiver versus a single tuner. Previously, customers were charged just $5 or $6 for each additional receiver - beyond the first - whether it was a DVR or non-DVR receiver, dual or single tuner.

Dish needs to offer a dual Single Room HD DVR that actually works.. I love my 722.. But $17 for it is steep.. I only use my 722's in single mode. If the 612 wasn't a POS I would get it instead.. I have only the 120 package with platinum HD and I pay $80 a month.. Dish fees are out of hand..

Its all about what works for you. I too agree the "add on fees" r high. I, as most consumers do, compare the competition to what I currently have. Dish wins out.
The promotions are great no question but after they end the cost is greater. For me its not worth changing for short term savings. Like I said its all about what the individual wants everybodies needs are different....

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Dish needs to offer a dual Single Room HD DVR that actually works.. I love my 722.. But $17 for it is steep.. I only use my 722's in single mode. If the 612 wasn't a POS I would get it instead.. I have only the 120 package with platinum HD and I pay $80 a month.. Dish fees are out of hand..

Since the 612 isn't a POS, you might want to reconsider.

Since the 612 isn't a POS, you might want to reconsider.

All the bad reports over the last few years would easily make one believe it to be so. If you have one, I'm glad you have had good luck with it.

My installer said that the 612 is like some of the other older receivers. The vast majority are rock solid, but the few bad ones are really bad and get attention...

But if you read in the last 6 months, you should notice that the 612 isn't getting more bad news than any other units, or at least that is the way it seems to me. Assuming I'm correct, maybe they fixed whatever was the problem in the past.

Look at the Dish America pack, it is HD only, but feeds SD to a second tv. Maybe it offers all the channels that you watch anyway.

Could someone post the monthly receiver fees as well as other routine monthly fees such as the DVR fee? I looked on DISH's website and cannot find this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts