180.0E Intelsat 18 (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

clucas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 30, 2012
Lompoc, California
I've been playing around with trying to get the Ku side of 180.0 E in California with my 29"x39" old Primestar dish. I had success but will move on now since I don't understand that much French. Just a note that Lyngsat lists a wrong symbol rate. 11155V should have a SR of 30000.

Here's the dish I'm using.
29x39PS.jpeg

France 24
France24.jpg

franceinfo
franceinfo.jpg

LCP
LCP.jpg

Retour Polynesia
RetPoly.jpg

Retour Wallis
RetWallis.jpg

Two shots of TNTV
TNTV.jpg
TNTV1.jpg

Martyn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 25, 2005
Annandale, VA
Oh fun! I did the same thing a few years ago. At that time I don't think France 24 or France Info were FTA (unless those are relays on the Premiere channels).

Reactions: c-spand

clucas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 30, 2012
Lompoc, California
Yes, nice to watch the Festival Tahiti for a while with the dancers but once they started banging those drums I quit.

Martyn, I did see your post but was unable to add to it. I thought by using the same title on the thread it may merge or give me an error but it started a new thread.

I think the footprint gets into West Texas so if you have no obstructions the western third of the U.S. may be able to receive it.

clucas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 30, 2012
Lompoc, California
ABC Australia is still there but on C-Band with circular polarization. Will watch The World This Week soon plus I’m watching the Food Safari series and Planet America

The Tahiti and French Polynesia are on Ku with linear polarization and the need for a universal lnb. I was going to put on my C/Ku combo feed but didn’t know how the slab would affect the Ku reception but realized the Ku in the combo is standard so it wouldn’t work.

Users who are viewing this thread