1st Ku band dish help

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks, I just went back outside following your advice. Came back in and had 90 percent signal strength but only picked up about 3 channels.

Not sure if there are only 3 channels available right now or if it is something with my setup. Figured it would be easier to start with the smallest dish in the lot, so I am only using a 30 inch dish right now.

lnb frequency 10750.

So to try and compare, I replaced it with a different lnb.... lo of 9.75 10.60. Came back in and signal strength dropped back to 40 percent. I did adjust the lnb frequency on the receiver. Double checked the skew, still no change in signal strength.
Which three channels were you able to scan in?

You may be on an adjacent satellite, like 95w.

What did you scan the whole spectrum (blind scan) or just the one frequency? Which frequency?

I am not sure of all 3 because I am no longer locked in, but one of them was iFilm English. Should have taken note of them.
Well, that's on Galaxy 19 (97w)! :) Mark your dish so you can return there and then try some very fine tweaking to see if you can get the signal again then rescan.

Reactions: gpflepsen
Ifilm is 97w. Load up some other tps and scan them in!

You can swing over to 103w and get the NBC, Russia Today and NHK channels.

Test a bigger dish, you'll get more results too.

There are hundreds of channels on 97w and most of them are regular DVBS. That is a great satellite to get your first signals from.

Don't be down on yourself look at my setup its got so many adapters its crazy wires looks like a hornets nest. Use your meter on your receiver I use a map compass those are lot better than using your phone. Take your time get it done right.

Attachments

• IMG_20160622_164258613[1].jpg
    IMG_20160622_164258613[1].jpg
    702.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20160622_164310462[1].jpg
    IMG_20160622_164310462[1].jpg
    696.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20160622_164322890[1].jpg
    IMG_20160622_164322890[1].jpg
    653.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20160622_164327403[1].jpg
    IMG_20160622_164327403[1].jpg
    706.7 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: iBoston
Welcome to Satguys!

I film is on 97w, it seems as if you just need to do a little tweaking of settings. My ds2076 30" dish will pull in about 200 channels on 97w. You're real close to getting it, from the sounds of it!

I have two dishes mounted on old cedar tree stumps here, a c band dish and a small Slimline. :biggrin

If you need to check what channels are on what sat, this site is pretty decent.

Sathint.com

Don't be down on yourself look at my setup its got so many adapters its crazy wires looks like a hornets nest. Use your meter on your receiver I use a map compass those are lot better than using your phone. Take your time get it done right.

Oh my gosh Danrishtheman, that is just one awesome setup! If you have more info on what each lnbf is hitting, send me a link. Would love to know what your db levels are on the various birds. WOW!

Thank you. Starting from right to left 110w to see if anything is open, 107w c band around 70 on q on able 2 get transponders. 103w ku from 72q to 84q, 99w c band lesea channels 65q., 93w,95w,97w ku, depending which way to aim the satellite dish. 91w ku 74q on ABC transponder, 87w ku 65 to 70q on CNN transponder, 82w to see if anything is open. I don't have a signal meter can't give you a db rating. It all how I move my dish around. Does the quality go down if you add more switches I have a directv swm power inserter how can I use this with my setup?

So.....Finally got around to gathering some supplies to make a more permanent setup. Grabbed a 2" EMT galvanized conduit from Lowes to use as my Mounting pole. Most of the mounts on my dishes measure 2" ID, so I figured 2" EMT should work. The pipe seems to be the exact same size as the dish mounts, so it is not fiitng. Luckily, I did not set the post yet.

Can I just grab some mounts that will fit? Otherwise, What is the best option for a post that I can use? I would like to be able to just go to a brick & mortar store and get something that works rather than order online. Any suggestions? I have a 1 5'8 pipe, but only 1 of my dishes will fit it.

Thanks

What is the OD on your mounts?

Can I just grab some mounts that will fit? Otherwise, What is the best option for a post that I can use? I would like to be able to just go to a brick & mortar store and get something that works rather than order online. Any suggestions? I have a 1 5'8 pipe, but only 1 of my dishes will fit it.

At Lowes I use the Galvanized chain link fence posts. There can be a problem with consistent diameter between Chinese and Vietnamese factories they are produced in. I always bring dial calipers with me and check to be sure.

Just measure the EMT. OD is about 2 1/8. Anyone know where I can get a 2" pipe that is actually 2"?

For the ones with 2 3/8 go to Lowes and get chain link fence post, corner posts. The regular posts are 1 5/8 as I think you have figured out. The corner posts are the larger ones and they are 2 3/8.

For the ones with 2 3/8 go to Lowes and get chain link fence post, corner posts. The regular posts are 1 5/8 as I think you have figured out. The corner posts are the larger ones and they are 2 3/8.

I don't think terminal posts will work.....I believe terminal posts are 2 3/8. I need 2" OD.

The pipe I have currently is 2 1/8 and does not fit.

I think there may have been some confusion.

I was referring to outside diameter of the mount itself, so still need a 2"pipe. :oldlaugh

I used to order them in batches for DISH, but in a pinch the local muffler and exhaust shop kept that size in stock.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts