Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vestal

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
Abingdon,Virginia
Hello everyone,

I have been lurking here a while and thought I would ask for a little help in picking my first system.

I have been looking at a M-1 motorized system from Sadoun, everythig in one package seems to be the way to go for the first set up.

I would like to know if it would be worth the extra $20 for the 36" dish and if I should step up to the M-2 package from Sadoun.

I'm sure there will be more questions in the future but this will get me started in the right direction I hope.

Thanks

Charles

Bigger is generally better in the fta world as it helps improve with weak signals.

yes

In our Equipment Review section, scroll down to the review of the 36" Fortec dish, and make up your own mind.
When I got my first dish, I chose it based on that review.

There's also a review of the Fortec Mercury II receiver.
The Dynamic is the same unit (except for the face plate), so that review should be applicable.

In my several years here, both user comments and personal experience support the two choices above.

Now as to the QPH-031 LNBF . . .
It's also listed in the review section.
And, lots of users have 'em.
Are they good? Yep, I believe they are.
And I'd probably have one if not for the price.
I bought the SNH-031, myself.
You can look at the specs to see the difference.
I chose to use other dishes for any circular reception I might want.
But if you -need- the QPH, then by all means get one. - :up

For a suggested wiring hook-up, see our FAQ section.
There is a thread on switches.

I would say definitly go for the bigger dish. I have two 75cm dishes one stationary and one motorized, all though I get good results, some satellites and transponders are weaker than others.

As for the 36" dish, I would say splurge for it. I have used a 30" but got alot better signal strength when I changed to a 36". It can make a difference between getting a channel or not on low powered transponders.

As for the QPH-031, I haven't used one but it is next on my list of goodies to get. I haven't heard anything bad about them except for the cost.

Thanks everybody for your response to to my questions.

Anole, thanks for the links to the equipment reviews.

Looks like the 36" dish is the way to go.

Take care

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)