2/18/2009 1:52pm - Uplink Activity Report - 71 changes

I just talked to the General Manager of KCRG in Cedar Rapids to ask if they were still negotiating with E* or if the HD feed will be turned on soon. Here is his responce " Dish Network has yet to contact me about retransmission of our HD signal so negotiations have not even started. When I found out that other channels in this area were going to be uplinked on Dish Network I attempted to start the conversation with them but they said they would not be interested in renegotiating for these rights until the contract for analog runs out on 12/31/2009" I know there are always two sides to these things but he was very forthcoming with this information and found it hard not to believe him. I will be contacting Dish to see if there are any buttons to be pushed from that end.

Yay!! :D

Checking in from Central Illinois, the Springfield/Campaign/Decatur DMA. Yes indeed, our four main networks are all in HD via Dish now. :)

The PQ looks great. I can't tell any difference on my 61" between the Dish feed and the couple of OTA HD channels that I can get via antenna. The only difference is about a 5 second delay on the Dish feed, which I assume is the time it takes to uplink & receive the signal.

I've been eagerly awaiting this day for almost 2 years now. Thanks Dish!! :up

Amen, let's get the Indianapolis locals up! 13th largest U.S. city... Last on the list.

And SpeedTV before Formula One starts next month, please, please, please!

As much as I would like that, I doubt the start of F1 season will have any bearing on when they uplink SpeedHD. If they didn't care about the start of Nascar, then I doubt they care about F1 either. :rolleyes:

Charlie and his gang have shown repeatedly how proud they are of their Dish sponsored NASCAR car. It must be a heavy headed business decision that keeps them away from SpeedHD, because their car looks even better in HD. I'm glad to see the locals put up this week that were on the schedule, it looks like Dish is back in the groove.

I dont think Dish is sponsoring a car this year.

BTW when Dish negotiates for local HD channels they normally do not talk to the station manager, instead they talk to the stations owners and try getting all of the stations that company owns as a package.

I don't have dish here in Canada but it seems like no matter what is put up most wont be happy.Almost like if you put every station there is on a sat they will find something to bitch about.Maybe something for the whiners to think about(after locals are up for your region what will you pick on next).

I don't have dish here in Canada but it seems like no matter what is put up most wont be happy.Almost like if you put every station there is on a sat they will find something to bitch about.Maybe something for the whiners to think about(after locals are up for your region what will you pick on next).

Locals probably aren't an issue for the majority of subs since they either already have them or receive them fine OTA. Most of the complaints center on adding national HD. There's a reason for it as the competition has HD channels that E* doesn't and E* subs want like the entire Fox suite and the Viacom suite. Another factor is the price increase and another is that new HD has been mentioned by the E* crew since last Fall with really nothing having been added except for the accidental release of a couple of Fox channels. The last factor is the Turbo all-HD packs which subs would like to switch to but can't at present until E* adds some HD equivalents for the Fox and Viacom SD channels. There's only a couple more suites of packages from Comcast and Rainbow media floating around. Once all that is up, if it ever is, bitching will return in force to the horrendous customer service offered by E*, which by the way, E* promised to do something about. I guess Simon and Mary in Asia didn't get the memo.

congrats to those that got their locals today :)

it was exciting when I got mine a while ago......but Dish a few new national HD would be nice too :hungry:
A couple of months ago Dish put up a slate saying that South Bend/Elkhart, IN was getting HD Locals. Well, we got ONE station, and one station only. Big whoop. Now, granted, there are probably many good reasons why Dish has only one of our HD affiliates up, but Scott might have a good point about dealing with the owners instead of individual stations.

I dont think Dish is sponsoring a car this year.

BTW when Dish negotiates for local HD channels they normally do not talk to the station manager, instead they talk to the stations owners and try getting all of the stations that company owns as a package.

KCRG is a locally owned station. it's not part of a larger group of stations.