2/8/2010 9:46pm - Uplink Activity Report - 34 changes

Only BBC America will be on 61.5 all other new HD channels will be on 72.5.

And yet just last week you said that they were only testing on 72.5 and they'd move them back to 61.5. Looks like your sources have a serious problem.

But really now, what the hell? How are they going to handle all those people who don't have an EA setup? Are we going to get a discount for not being able to get all the channels we're supposed to be getting? (Switching to EA isn't an option because then I wouldn't have my local channels, unless they move them to a CONUS beam.)

so what happened to "all channels will move back to 61.5 b4 launch?"I guess it was more of Scott's wishful thinking

What happened to only New Subs will be setup on Eastern Arch? Existing subs will be fine with the current setup. My locals are on 61.5 and always have been. I have a wing dish for it with a primary pointed at 110 and 119. I'd call Dish and have a 1000.4 installed, but there is 2 feet of snow on the ground here in VA and my dishes are mounted 8 feet up on the side of my house. Not a good time for anyone to be on a ladder swapping dishes.

so what happened to "all channels will move back to 61.5 b4 launch?"I guess it was more of Scott's wishful thinking

That what was supposed to happen as thats what I was told all along. However it appears that the satellite at 61.5 is doing much worse then we feared in fact it lost another transponder a few weeks ago. It looks like they are afraid to put more of a load on it since it is failing quickly.

Lets hope the FCC gives them permission quickly to move E6 to 61.5 as if they do then it would not surprise me to see these channel move to 61.5.

Looking foward to more HD this week!! thanks for heads up Scott!! at the very least the posts will start up for Direct HD VS Dish HD...LOL

Out of curiosity, how can I figured out if I am set up to receive these new channels with the proper hardware etc? I subbed in October and have not really bothered to figure out what I have.

I have a 110, 119 & 61.5 Setup right now. Does this mean that I would need to swing my 61.5 Dish to 129 to be able to receive the new HD Channels? Would I be able to Receive 129 in Coastal Hancock County in Maine?

Thx, Josh

That what was supposed to happen as thats what I was told all along. However it appears that the satellite at 61.5 is doing much worse then we feared in fact it lost another transponder a few weeks ago. It looks like they are afraid to put more of a load on it since it is failing quickly.

Lets hope the FCC gives them permission quickly to move E6 to 61.5 as if they do then it would not surprise me to see these channel move to 61.5.
I had my caffene..im ok now

So, in effect, the older, loyal, customers, like me, who still use 110/119/61.5 will get the shaft.

Does this mean any increase to my bill will be postponed until they either switch me over to Eastern arc or move E-6 over to pick up the load?

So, in effect, the older, loyal, customers, like me, who still use 110/119/61.5 will get the shaft.

Does this mean any increase to my bill will be postponed until they either switch me over to Eastern arc or move E-6 over to pick up the load?
nuthin new..search on super dish and mpeg4 conversion for references

I think Dish is counting on the fact that most subs are ignorant to new channels being added. It's only the more knowledgeable ones like us that are aware we are getting screwed. :)