2/8/2010 9:46pm - Uplink Activity Report - 34 changes

I think Dish is counting on the fact that most subs are ignorant to new channels being added. It's only the more knowledgeable ones like us that are aware we are getting screwed. :)
This is my guess of why there was no mention of the new channels on the Tech Chat last night.

Their phones would be ringing off the hook on Thursday if the new HD was not in their guides.

Scott, Is there any other setup that might work for me? Or am I just screwed for right now?

Thx, Josh

you would need to go to Eastern Arc (61.5,72.5,77)

very odd they didnt put you on EA from the getgo (noting your start date of Sept 09) unless 72 & 77 dont work there due to footprint?

This is my guess of why there was no mention of the new channels on the Tech Chat last night.

Their phones would be ringing off the hook on Thursday if the new HD was not in their guides.
I know of at least one call they will be getting.

I'll do it just to hear what the CSR has to say. With all the snow we've been having in the East these days I could use a laugh.

you would need to go to Eastern Arc (61.5,72.5,77)

very odd they didnt put you on EA from the getgo (noting your start date of Sept 09) unless 72 & 77 dont work there due to footprint?

Yeah, They told me they can't do EA installs here. What dish would I need for that? Or could I use the 2 Dish 500's that I have right now?

I really don't want to buy a new dish and it not work out.

Thx, Josh

What happened to only New Subs will be setup on Eastern Arch? Existing subs will be fine with the current setup. My locals are on 61.5 and always have been. I have a wing dish for it with a primary pointed at 110 and 119. I'd call Dish and have a 1000.4 installed, but there is 2 feet of snow on the ground here in VA and my dishes are mounted 8 feet up on the side of my house. Not a good time for anyone to be on a ladder swapping dishes.

This is our situation too. Not good.

And considering that the FCC is not known for being a friend of old Charlie...

Not good at all.

I would go with the Dish 100.4 I guess. I really don't want a third dish on my roof. Dish better come out her for "Free" and do it or you will hear yelling at DISH from here.

Josh

This is the $99,000.00 question. If we call Dish will they set us up with the 1000.4 dish for free now that we really do need it to see all the new HD channels?

I am a 2 dish HD sub in the NYC DMA so I need 61.5 for local HD.

I would go with the Dish 100.4 I guess. I really don't want a third dish on my roof. Dish better come out her for "Free" and do it or you will hear yelling at DISH from here.

Josh
they charged me $50 for the 61.5 addon for HD (was free for customers who had locals on the wing)

Yeah, They told me they can't do EA installs here. What dish would I need for that? Or could I use the 2 Dish 500's that I have right now?

I really don't want to buy a new dish and it not work out.

Thx, Josh

The other issue you face in Maine is that if E3 fails at 61.5 and they switch over stuff to E6, you may not be able to see it. E6's footprint was designed for 110/119 and really does not hit Maine well from 61.5. It might be trouble until E15 goes up and replaces E3.

This could be part of the reason they decided to move stuff to 72 and 77. E6 at 61.5 hits the center of the Eastern half of the country pretty well, but if you live in the upper half of Maine or the lower half of TX you are in trouble. I attached the map from Dish's application to move E6 to 61.5

Attachments

• e6.png
    e6.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 258