2 dishes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

calmeidajr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
NJ
Just wondering what you all think. They are on top of a bar unknown status I may ask the owner if I can take it ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1380811270.684674.jpgImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1380811288.850160.jpg

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If you get a "yes", may I suggest you rent a cherry-picker truck and operator, and have them pluck the dishes whole off the roof and put them on the ground?

There's NO TELLING how safe it is up there for walking around with a manual tear-down and lowering it off the roof with a bunch of guys and ropes and such. Bending over a bunch of times to tear it down can make anybody dizzy, and you stand a fair chance of possibly falling off the roof and/or dropping stuff on people going by.

p.s. Do not EVER stand on a roof, tilt your head back and look up and lock your eyes to a cloud! Your body tends to see that as a moving horizon, and it can completely throw off your sense of balance.

Prime star is fifty bucks good and how do I rent one of those trucks. The owner asked me how much I said 50

Thanks

Also I'm probably better off buying a pole for it correct I don't wanna cause leaks to their roof

I would wait to see how they are mounted. If they have non penetrating mounts, you will only need a level place to set them.

There's a big rule when mentioning a price: "First one to mention a price LOSES". He's the seller HE should come up with a price first. Even if it's in the stratosphere (shock price to see what sort of fish he has on the hook) you can better deal from that stand point. If you give a price and it's too LOW, the seller could be insulted and won't deal with you at all. If it's too high, then you are giving away money you could use later.

$50 is probably much too low, $200 for both would probably be about right. $250 for a bucket truck/cherry picker is usually close to the going rate. But if you said it this way: "$50, because it'll cost me $250 for the bucket truck, and my time is worth $50 and hour, so I'll have $500 (stretch this a bit) in it before we are done". Don't forget to go to the hardware store and buy a gallon can of roofing tar to fix the holes left on his roof. You should do this just because.

Those dishes probably already have orthomode feeds, so there's probably not much you'd have to do with them at your place.

Maybe you have a friend that would like the second one, and could split costs with you?

No, unfortunately nobody in my area interested in satellite fta that u know. Why would they need 2 dishes anyway primestar don't u need just one?

No, unfortunately nobody in my area interested in satellite fta that u know. Why would they need 2 dishes anyway primestar don't u need just one?

Well, one is better than NONE, but with a sportsbar, they may need two because they are showing different feeds on totally different sats at the same time on multiple tv's

Status
Please reply by conversation.